Compuquilter

Lesley

They do not offer the Compu without the computer. They get it at a great price and it does not add much to the cost of the unit. The majority of the cost is the program, motors etc. that you are paying for. It is also much more effecient to have their computer already set up with the componets installed.

I'm sure that Tina could explain better. This is what I understand.

Greg,

As far as the back log on Compuquilter, there is a lead time and right now we are playing catch up. It has been so popular! APQS and Compuquilter are working hard to meet demand. Last I checked it was aprox. 2 months for Compu delivery and set up. However, it can change daily. It might help if you live near another set up as to expidite your delivery time and set up. I'm talking around 350 miles or so. Follow?

The factory always has the latest and greatest info.

And Mark knows everything!

Cheryl

Originally posted by Linda S

Does anyone know if you can buy a CompuQuilter without the computer? I have a very high-powered laptop computer with a huge hard drive and lots of RAM - can't see any reason why I would really need to have another computer. I'm not quite in the financial situtation to buy one just yet, but it would be interesting to know.

Linda

Linda, we have lots of computers in my house as I run my wordprocessing/resume writing business out of the house (actually we have 6 computers here;)). However, I really like having the CompuQuilter setup as a dedicated computer to the Millie. The only component we have added to the CQ is a wireless network card so I can transfer files from the computer where we installed AutoSketch and also from the computer I use for receiving e-mails so I can transfer designs I purchase.

There are lots of extra cables and a motor power source that needs to be connected to the computer and the Millie and I feel that it is just better to leave things as they were setup and not tempt fate. If something were to go wrong with the computer and/or system, I think it will be much easier to locate the problem if you aren't constantly moving the computer about and adding lots of other software, etc. Also, Stan makes sure you have a very long (and I do mean long) cable attached to your keyboard so you can walk the length of your table with it - this I think is really important as you don't want to be at the far end of your table and need to use the keyboard which is at the other end of the room:o.

I know it is a lot of money, but I am really happy with my system. I don't think it is for everyone, but I knew it was what I wanted. :)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that we are up & running with CompuQuilter! :)

This is the greatest asset to a quilting business! It is unbelievably easy to use! We are having a ton of fun!

They are installing my friend Kelli's machine today.

My husband Chris is doing the installs. He gets to take time off of his "day job" at H.P. to do them & just loves it! (right up his alley!)

Anyway Greg, you & Sharon get on over here & "play", & anyone else that wants to get in on the fun! :)

Any one that is signed up for Miss Connie's class next week, plan on setting aside some time to "rockin roll" with CompuQuilter!

See ya all soon!

Linda

Linda, as an addendum to my previous post, my husband (a self-proclaimed computer junkie) says that one of the reasons the laptop won't work is that it looks like the CQ uses several add-in boards to drive the servo motors (to drive the head). These would only fit in the larger desktop cases; there is no room in a laptop for these boards. These boards are probably restrictive as to which motherboards they will work correctly with and the Dell is a known quantity. Another issue is that programs other than the CQ running on that computer might access these boards differently than expected and cause problems with the servo motors.

If you have other concerns, contact Stan at S&D Stitches to find out how all of this works together. The advantage of buying the entire system from Stan is that you know all of the pieces will work together.:) (If there is a problem, Stan will know how to fix it.)

Hi Linda

Stan told me that we do have to purchase the Compuquilter with his computer. He puts "something" inside the CPU - maybe like a hard-drive (are you getting that I don't know much about the insides of a computer) and that works the compuquilter.

I especially don't think you could use your laptop because the insides of a laptop are full already.

Stan said that even if you did use your own computer it wouldn't save much on the cost as he gets them very reasonably priced.

He is also very keen to keep the Compuquilter away from viruses that could be downloaded so we don't connect our Compuquilter CPU to the internet.

Now that I have shown my ignorance for what computers are made of - I'll go back to watching mine quilt Debs pattern Puppies!..

Best wishes

sue in Australia

Hi Miss Claudia! :)

I am going to be quilting up some Whole cloths on the Compuquilter next week, Stan & Dee Dee are here for a few more days.

I will be sure to post some pictures! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Hermione Agee of Lorien Quilting has started digitizing her pantograph patterns. :cool: She has several up and running for the Statler Stitcher but she is in the process of converting them for the CompuQuilter. She has one posted on her website and at least one more which will be posted any time now. I am sure the more interest she gets, the more patterns will be digitized and converted for us. Her site is www.lorienquilting.com. Since she is in Australia, her prices are in Australian dollars. I'm not sure how they convert to American dollars.

Hi Sue, everyone

Harmi Agee will digitise all her panto patterns. I have tested 40 so far and they all stitch out beautifully. At the moment she has only digitised pantos/repeats but she will soon be digitising blocks and I'm trying to encourage her to do corners but that might be a little way off since she has so many pantos ready to do be digitised.

We have another Australian designer who is also in the process of digitising her designs and when they have been tested I will post her details.

To do a currency conversion; 76cents US is equal to $1Australian - $15.20 if patterns are priced at $20AUD. Of course there is no postage if the designs are emailled.

Best wishes

sue in Australia

That is WONDERFUL news about Lorien Quilting!!!!:P:P:P

I also started another thread called CompuQuilter patterns... We need to make a list of all the pattern designers that are going to make their patterns available for the CQ--- I have a feeling that the list of available CQ patterns is going to get very long- very quickly!!! I think that is simply FANTABULOUS!!!!:P:):D;)

Last Staurday my wife Sharon and I visted Linda & Chris and made our deposit on the "next" big change in our lives. Ha! We are selling our ranch to buy a compuquilter! hahaha. (Well there is more to the story than just that...but we are certain it is the right thing for us)

Linda & Chris were excellent hosts/reps and we anticipate a long and enjoyable relationship. Receiving the machine will be a few months off and our plans will include designing a new sewing/craft/quilting room for Sharon. We intend to take our time and do it right...really design for the future and all possibilities (two machines?). On the 10th of September, there is a tour of sewing rooms sponsered by Mt. Batchlor Quilt Guild (I think that is correct) and we will be taking notes of all the good and bad features in everyones designs.

I am a CAD log home designer by profession and will be drawing up plans for Sharon (including 3D walk-thrus/animations) so would love to hear form anyone about their pet peeves and "I wish I'd done it this way" stories/suggestions. I want to design a perfect sewing room. So all your suggestions are welcome. You can contact me greg@lhoti.com if you like. TIA

I was just wondering if the Compuquilter for the Millenium would be close to the one on an A-1? There is one on a LA in the LQS. I want to see one run and I don't think there is one anywhere near me. I live in Carroll IA. I was told that APQS doesn't have one at the Carroll facility.

Thanks

Ann

Millenium

Originally posted by annkathryn

I was just wondering if the Compuquilter for the Millenium would be close to the one on an A-1?

Ann, the CompuQuilter program is the same as that running on the A-1. Stan (the creator) has customized it to work with the APQS machines, but what you will see on the A-1 is real similar to what runs on ours. I have it and love it.:D

Hi everyone

This week I've been at one of our major shows demonstrating the APQS/Compuquilter and everyone has been very impressed with what it can do. I have even had someone who owns a Statler say she might consider selling and purchasing the Compuquilter. What she was most impressed with was the "true" corners feature and Boundaries. I was lucky enough to get Boundaries little early so that I could demonstrate it. I believe it will be released very soon, Dee Dee is just finishing off writing instructions on how to use it. I have to say I don't think she needs to bother - it is so simple to use.

I'm looking forward to setting up Lesley's compuquilter and another lady's here in Australia next week and it seems we will have another few very soon.

Congrats to Greg on your new "baby" you will love "her" and I'm sure Linda will have lots of fun showing you how it works.

OK I have to leave for the show now where I can play on my Compuquilter all day - that is if I can get my husband off it! Last night the show was open until 8pm and he came to help me after work. He had never used it before but had read the manual and got quilting motifs and resizing repeat patterns straight away. He even used the boundaries programme to place a small bear motif in a skewed triangular space - I think I may be redundant soon - or we may have to buy two Compuquilters!

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

This is for Sue, or anyone else in the Phoenix area. We are coming out for a visit in Oct. and would like to see a Compuquilter in action. Also would like to see all the patterns that come with it.

The ones in Iowa, who have them are just getting going. Was just wondering if anyone had one to show. The APQS showroom here will have one at sometime in the near future. Thanks

AnnKathryn

Carroll, IA

Originally posted by annkathryn

This is for Sue, or anyone else in the Phoenix area. We are coming out for a visit in Oct. and would like to see a Compuquilter in action.

I would love to show you my CompuQuilter in action. Please e-mail with dates, etc. so we can make arrangements.;) I believe I'm the only one in the Phoenix area with a CompuQuilter on an APQS machine. My e-mail address is: sue@asdfwordpro.com

Annakathryn,

I have been at 2 Iowa homes this month for CQ deliveries. I am not sure if either of these couples do much internet chatting though???...... If you send me your contact info, I will see what I can do to help.

As always, everyone is invited to come to my place and see my CQ in action!! I live right outside Cape Girardeau, MO if you want to mapquest my location to see how far I am from you!

Archived