Extreme Makeover on ABC

I sure did, and loved the show.. One of our sons was deaf, and we\'ve had several friends that are deaf as well as some who are blind, physically handicapped, mentally damaged, meaning from birth, some with MS, some with MD, some who had polio, injured in accidents, etc.. Great people inside those bodies..

I cried and cried to night.. Patrick so needed that apt. of his own as well as access to the family unit.Can you imagine being 19 years old and not able to take yourself to use the potty? I wish they could have gotten him a remote control chair so his Dad could direct it from the sidelines instead of having to be right out on the field with him..... VERY pricy, I\'m sure.. God Bless him and Extreme Makeovers.. LOL, all I wanted was a quilting room to make the Comm. Service quilts.. he needed it MUCH More..

And what a MAN he is!

RitaR

Cheryl,

When I lived in Springfield my family would call me when a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie was on to see if I was bawling...those movies make me cry, then the Hallmark commercial in between make me cry!! I\'m a Puffs mess by the time the news comes on!! :D I wouldn\'t change it for anything either...

WTG quiltinglady.. glad you put your heart into in person, I can imagine it\'s a bit more hectic than even they show on the program.. I\'m just sooo thankful for people like you, the show sponsors and town folks who make it so possible for those who need it so badly.

Thank you from me, for them!

RitaR

Well, I just watched the episode on abc.com....now I see why I am banned :) Since I have had my cry for the day, I shall go back to quilting. Very inspiring story. So many things in this story struck me as really good stuff...but the one thing Patrick Henry Hughes said that I wrote down is, "God made me blind and unable to walk, big deal." That is like a saying that should be posted on my mirror, so that when I get up feeling sorry for myself I can read it and remember him and know that I have a great life. Wouldn\'t it be nice to have his attitude in life. Gosh, we would all be so much better people. I gotta go quilt.

I was going to watch, but like Mary Beth I wake up the next morning all stuffed up so I ban myself from those shows. Especially when the family is around to see me cry. They make fun of me. Oh, well. Those stories are so inspiring. Wish I had half the strength that they have.

Angela

Archived