First quilt inspired by Dayna

Dayna, I finished my first more or less custom quilt following the same pattern that you did. I ended up charging .015 for the entire quilt as this was my very first. I have not posted a pic before so hope it attaches. I did not like the starts and stops at the border with the ending of the panto but they do not show since the fabric is so busy.

Thanks, Shirley

post--13461899230422_thumb.jpg

I did a large meander in the outer border to be about the same size as the swirls in the panto in the center of the quilt.

I used the CL cable template in the green and red borders. It does not show but at the corners of the cable I used the feather template, also from CL.

My customer was very pleased.

Shirley, you did a beautiful job! I love the cable work in the borders. I guess you really like the CL. I need to save my money for one. I think you can charge more next time, as this is custom work, and it really does take longer and more precision than edge-to-edge. I\'m sure you will be doing much more of this kind of work, since you did such an excellent job! Way to go!!

Dayna:)

Thank you Dayna. I spent many hours on the quilt and was very pleased when I finally got it done. Yes, I like the CL a lot. I have had my millie for three months and because of the CL I am already doing quilts for customers. I was barely into quilting on my DSM so this has been a new challenging experience for me. I am just so new at doing quilting that I don\'t have a clue what to charge. I was going to start out at a certain price then do a discount because of just starting but I have already decided against that. I can do an edge to edge with the giant CL templates and they turn out beautiful. This quilt however the customer did not want edge to edge so jumped right in and followed after you with border treatment. Starting and stopping the panto was not much fun as I was doing a lot of running from the back side to the front side to make sure I was stopping right in the ditch and not over into the border. Sure got my exercise. I could not figure out how to do the connection like Ruthie showed us as to me that meant stitching down from the first completed row, advancing the quilt and then stitching right to left and my millie is not crazy about doing that.

Archived