Single Stitch taking too many stitches?

AHuffman

run your machine until its warmed up - maybe 15 minutes - this is very important. Then unplug it from the power supply.

Loosen the six screws on the short top machine cover (the one over the motor)

Remove the 4 screws on the long top cover and lift the front of the top cover a few inches

Looking under the cover at the front of the machine almost above the tensioner you will see one gold screw on a blue capacitor on the circuit board sticking out horizontally (all the other screws on the board face the ceiling).

The capacitor "little blue house" has no 8 written on it.

Turn the gold screw clockwise 1 or possibly two full turns clockwise and then turn the machine on and test the needlepositioner speed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sue, Dawn, John, Mark, anybody!!!!

My Ultimate 1 has been doing the same thing... I\'m in the middle of a really important quilt and my single stitch takes anywhere from 2 to 10 extra stitches... I can\'t move the head til it\'s done with it\'s little tantrum, or the needle will get stuck in the down position! this is sooooooo frustrating...

My question is: will the same procedure work for my Ulti 1 as it will for the millie? Or do I have to do something else?

PLEASE Help!

thanks so much!

Hi Bobbi,

Yes, you have a top cover on the U-I where the lights are at. You have to remove the 3 screws on each side and that will allow you to lift the cover up. Behind the lights on top is the circuit board, standing in front of your machine, you will see either a little blue or tan building with a tiny gold screw on top on the right hand side of the circuit board. There are a couple of other buildings on the board in other positions, but you do not want to touch those! By turning this clockwise that will slow down the one stitch and counter clockwise makes it go faster. I would try turning it a full turn, set the cover back down and give it a test and if everything is good, then button it up, if you need to make another adjustment, lift the cover and adjust. It is pretty simple if you need anything don\'t hesitate to call in and talk to Amy or myself.

Take care,

• 4 weeks later...

Archived