my (personal) new quilt....

....is (nearly) finished!:D

I want to show you my silk quilt!

I have taken it down of the Liberty today!

The binding isn?t done yet and I plan to put "swarowky - stones " ( right name?) on it as well!

If you are interested - you may have a look on my webshot-album.....

Have a great weekend...

Best wishes from over the ocean!

Claudia

post--13461897625199_thumb.jpg

Hi Cheryl!

Yes.....you hid me......I wouldn?t be allowed to do a private quilt!:D - lots of customer quilts are waiting!

But I?ve stolen one week ....only quilting on this project: my kids were on vacancies with their father and I was gone quilting a whole day:cool:....started early in the morning till late in the evening -what a luxus for me:cool:

I enjoyed it.......:D

But now my kids are back and I enjoy them as well......

Claudia

Oh Claudia, I knew you would be wonderful at this but WOW this quilt takes my breath away it is Awesome!!! I can't wait to see you and your new quilt when we met again in France.... Very Soon... I am counting the days now. I will be in England from the 16th till the 26th very close to you, You should hop on a plan and come LOL Oh I know you have a shop to run and many quilt to do. So maybe we will have to be happy with France. Until then keep making Awesome quilts for me to see hanging in the Both!!! We will eat wonderful food together and then JUST ONE NIGHT we will SUCK IT BACK!!! Cheese Cheese... See you soon:P;)

Claudia, this is thrilling. I took very close looks on each picture with a lot of oohs and aaahs after I realized what I saw in detail.

That makes me to want my machine NOW! To have started yesterday and having a lot of PPP.

Your labour gives my ideas some more wings.

Perhaps I can make it to France too. But the chance is very small.

Take care

I can?t believe what I?m reading!:D

So many and nice compliments! Thaaaaaaaaank you all!:D

Ok, I?ll try to answer all the questions:cool:

Andrea: I want to see you in France*lol* you have to manage it;) Should I ask in Carroll, wether your machine is ready earlier?:cool:

Barbara: Maybe you will see the quilt next year in the states...or: come to Germany:-)

Myrna: Yeeeeeahhhh! You may touch it!*lol* I believe this year in Heidelberg!:D

Linda: What does it mean: subject under the quilt? Sorry for my bad english!:( I would like to help you!:D

If it means, fabric on the backside: it?s silk as well!

Caron: No, the silk wasn?t really challenging while quilting, sewing is worse! I took a 4,0 needle, after trying a 3,5 needle, but the Rainbow thread was breaking every inch:-( so I decided to take a bigger needle - and there are no problems with the silk!:D

Sue:-) Counting the days as well! Is it sure with France? Hope yes!

Did I forget anyone?s question????

You made me happy:D

Do you know the feeling and the wish to make a "perfect" quilt? I always find soooo many "mistakes" in my quilts and I feel ashamed and angry(about myself) about it! Even in this one! But I don?t tell you where*lol*:cool:

Have a great day....

Claudia from Germany

Claudia, This is so beautiful. I look forward to the day when I will be able to do such nice work. Is the thread painting terribly hard? Would you be willing to come to the U.S. and teach me? LOL

I didn't realize you lived in Germany. We lived there for two and a half years while my husband was in the Army.

....chickenscratch.....it?s soooo easy: take a fancy thread. like wool with different colours and effects .

Make a quilting-design with a kind of contour and lead the thread round this contour.

You should be careful with your fingers and works slowly! With a little zigzag stitch you can fix the thread on place!

I hope you understand my explanations - to show is much easier:cool:

Otherwise I will come to the states and educate you*lol

Have a great day....

Claudia from Germany...

P.S. Where did you live in Germany, chrickenscratch?

Wwell, that is absolutely something to look at, let me tell you...how proud you must be, Claudia, of your talents that God gave you...that right there is the key to mistakes....I always tell people I had to make a mistake on my quilts so God wouldn't be offended. I don't want HIM thinking I'm trying to be perfect like HE is....one thing about it..this is truly a 'heaven-ly quilt'.

I know I'll never put out anything like this, but I can sure enjoy someone else's.....how long did it take you to build this quilt from start to finish? Is it all original ideas? and pattern? ML

Hi Mary Lou!

I don?t really know, wether someone is doing nearly the same in the states: I?m not a real surfer in the WWW so I can?t compare it to that what we in europe are doing/quilting !

In europe the longarm- quilting is really at the beginning(but increasing quickly:-) ) so: we european longarmers are trying and practicing on our own! Like an island in a far distance:cool: We don?t have any (yet!) competitions and exhibitions for machine quilting - maybe it?s a question of time!

My silk project took me more than 1oo hours - from the sewing till now, but I still have to fix the christall stones on it and the binding! Yes - it?s all my own ideas and designs.

I don?t use patterns - my ideas coming out of my stomache:D

Have a great weekend...

Claudia

Archived