hand dyed quilt backs

I ordered this hand dyed quilt back from Christian Lane Quilting for $39. I had my doubts, but boy was I pleasantly surprised. It is WONDERFUL, gorgeous, and soft as a baby\'s bottom. I was so pleased with the quality I ordered several more in other colors, so many to choose from. I think they would make beautiful whole cloth quilts. They also come white, and can be ordered in half yard increments. What a find. (I know, I\'m probably the last person to discover them.) :P

post--13461899333992_thumb.jpg

That business is ownd by Wilma and Jim Cogliantry. Wilma is sooooo smart! I have the greatest respect for her. She was the one who told me years and years ago that "Overall quilting is your bread and butter, Custom is your reputation" when I was feeling extremely burnt out by doing almost 100% custom quilting. I slowly changed my business to only accept a limited number of custom quilts each month, and do overall quilting for my basic income. ( This actually was my main reason for getting a CQ) She saved my sanity and probably my business!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Cathey - it is always good to be reminded about a business. I

have heard of them before and thought about ordering..... nice

to hear what an actuall customer thinks about their products

first.

What a very beautiful piece of fabric! Now at that price and

for that look - why would ANYBODY put plain old muslin on the

back?!?!:)

Tina,

Thanks for the correction for the Quilt Gallery. They really are a great group of people and very helpful. Joan Hodgeboom, the owner, is a hoot. She stocks a wonderful selection of fabric, enough for a great selection but not so overwhelming in quantity. She offers wonderful national instructors classes too. Ruth McDowell is a regular in the summer offering classes for the whole month of July! Judy Neimier of Quiltworx is a local as well and teaches several classes throughout the year.

My sister lives within 2 hrs drive so I get to the shop at least once a year.

Tanks Cathey for the info on Christian Lane. Like Judi said, It\'s always good to know about a business from someone who has purchased from them.

Archived