CompuQuilter

Does anyone have the CompuQuilter? If so, read on, I have a question for you.

Do you have a problem at times with an error message List Out of Index (1). This has happened to me a couple of times, but today was especially frustrating. I am doing a customer quilt and was partway through a design when I ran out of bobbin thread. I put in a new bobbin. Then I went to Restart, chose where to restart, then chose Run. It started, but then after I pulled the bobbin thread up, and chose Run again, I got the error. I couldn\'t get by it and the program said the design was \'running\'; i.e. stitching out. It wasn\'t!

If you have had this problem, is there a solution other than frogging out the design and starting over?

Shelia,

I haven\'t gotten an error at that point of restarting or at any point in restarting. Did you install the new upgrade?...I haven\'t yet. Tina can probably help you or just give CQ a call everyone is so helpful.

Sorry to be of so little help.

Cheryl

I haven\'t had that error either, but I agree... send Tina and e-mail or call Butch.

I have noticed that the screens are different (and respond differently) with the upgrade and that several little annoying bugs seem to be gone.

I learned that there are several situations where for whateverr reason you can get lost, have erratic things happen, and the best solution rather than frog is to Go to zero, and then Jog back to where you left off and Mark and Restart, as Norma indicated

USUALLY this would mean that the pattern was not formatted correctly to run on the CQ- HOWEVER a few people had experienced this issue, so S&D added a"Fail-safe" in the latest CQ program to fix this.

Please update your CQ program to the latest version and you won\'t have any more trouble.

No need to rip out. Just update, reboot, and reset your zero like Ncutt said to restart the pattern.

Let me know if you need any help!:)

We try to get everyone\'s email address during the purchase process. Just to be sure that S&D has your email address on file for upgrade notification, there is also a page in the CQ manual that asks you to fill out and mail (or email) back. I sent you a U2U with the download link. Please let me know that you got it:D

Archived