women veterans quilt network?

Hello!

I am a former navy nurse, would love feedback on the idea of a women veteran\'s quilt network (okay lets face it...there are men quilters out there, perhaps they are veterans too). I have no idea what it would entail, not suggesting we tackle a zillion quilts for our fellow veterans, or whether creating a guild of us would do us much good either, its just a fun idea and our history is worth celebrating!

By the way, you only have to serve 2 years to be considered a "veteran" and you did not have to be deployed during wartime to be considered a veteran either, but God Bless You if you were a veteran of a foreign war!

God Bless America!

I don\'t see why it couldn\'t be done, wouldn\'t have a clue how to start it..

Quilts of Valor also gives to women, so maybe they could give ideas, too.

Good Luck and thanks for serving. Proud of you and love the USA

RitaR

Would a wife whose been married 30 years ( 25 active duty) to a veteran be able to join? Seems like a fair question. I sure miss the military way of life. I don\'t miss all those times we had to seperated for his calls of duty away from home though! Nice having him safe at home these days.;)

Hi Navy Nurse,

Your profile does not have a name attached so I used the tag Navy Nurse.

I am a veteran, too, 21 years. I was a Data Processing Technician Master Chief in the Navy when I retired in 1990. Seems like a hundred years ago.

I have been wanting to get involved in a Quilts of Valor effort but just have not had a chance. A women veteran\'s quilt network sounds like it would be very interesting.

Like so many quilters, I just want to "give something back". I live a charmed life now, but it was not always like this. I understand and appreciate the sacrifice our military members make for our safety and freedom. If I can send some warmth and comfort their way, I\'m all for it.

Please email me with further info, mrudisile.

I was working with the QOV Foundation online until a group of local women in Everton recruited me to be their designated LA quilter. I quilted a dozen in 2007 and have the first two for this year now in my house. It makes you feel good to be doing something for the people who are fighting for us all.

I have thought it was one of the best things I have heard of when I learned about the program. I have felt like I want to do something, just anything...it just doesn\'t seem like we can do enough for these people who are serving. If making them a quilt helps in anyway then I am all for it. At least I know I can do that small thing.

Archived