What do you see?

Oh I agree that was worth the wait. That quilt it beautiful! I agree with Judi that cross hatching would be nice in the floral, either that or a nice all over floral meander. The white is screaming feathers to me. I\'m very traditional so I would only SID the tulips. If you aren\'t comfortable with feathers just do a very loose flowing meander like peacock design or something like that. I can\'t wait to see the finished quilt!

the whole quilt is 100x100 and the center square with the floral triangles that make it up is 20x20 and yes the cut off corners are for the bottom.

thanks so much for all your help you guys are soooo awesome !!!!

I wouldent have thought of cross hatching the flower border that\'s inspiration!!

what do I do with the 2 1/2 inch outside floral border??

thanks again for all your help:D

For that outside floral border, do piano keys in the same width as your crosshatching. Not much will show on the busy floral fabric, but straight lines will complement the crosshatching and piano keys will solve any border waveage. (I just made up that word!!)

Enjoy the process and be sure to post a pic when finished, please!

Wowsie!! That is a beauty. Glad to see it posted - finally - sorry I was not much help!! My brain is only so big :) What a beautiful quilt...Yes, feathers!! And crosshatching!! And whatevery everyone else said....Can\'t wait to see the finished product!!

waveage - that is a good word...

I agree the size is needed here...if its a small quilt or a LARGE quilt will depend on what goes in the white area.

If its a smaller quilt say a large lap, I see McTavishing in the white areas, and the tulips with simple veins in the leaves and maybe a swirl of some sort in the tulip flower area....a smaller cross hatching in the flowered fabric and a swirlly something in the solid sashing.

NOW if its a larger quilt all the same except the McTavishing in the white area....I see fancy feathers or a swirlly freehand feather to fill in the space.

Just my opinion....

post--13461899385779_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bonnie, I appreciate your input! I love your ideas. The picture really helps. The quilt is 100 x 100 my first one I have been faced with that is custom of this nature. I can\'t tell exactly what the pink lines you drew in the inner white area are representing. I like the veins on the petals, what would you do with the white area in the very center block wich measures 20x20? Thanks so very much for taking the time to help out!!!

Originally posted by willbeg4fabric

I can\'t tell exactly what the pink lines you drew in the inner white area are representing.

Sorry that was a poor version of McTavishing...or again you can put in feathers. But I thought a different background fill was needed for both of the inner white areas.

Archived