NQR- weather- everybody okay?

I\'ve been worrying about those of you in Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, Mississippi, and everywhere else that has had tornadoes the last two days. We had our round last night. Luckily all we had was a severe thunderstorm that ripped our barn roof half off. None of the animals was hurt. We only lost one chicken.

Teresa

I say your lucky. I live in SW MO . We had here about 6-7 inches of rain. Never have I seen so much water just floating on the roads. It was a good day to stay in. Finally stoped raining but still cloudy. Hope that sun comes out and drys things up. My yard is like a wet sponge. Hope everybody else is doing ok. Nita

Theresa:

Glad you are ok! It\'s been raining since Monday afternoon... (my roof is about to leak again...) I hope you don\'t get anymore tornadoes, but it is that season...

It\'s flooding just south of here, there are a lot of people in the Zoar area who can\'t get out of their homes for days when this happens.... they live on high ground, but the roads are out.

My flat is on the second floor so I\'m good! Gonna work that yellow quilt today finally!

My town (Jackson, MO) made CNN due to the severe flooding here. All the roads by my house are covered with rushing water... but I live on a hill and am still dry. So far, only my barns have water running through them. The horses have moved to higher ground, but we are still waiting to see if we have to move the goats because we just had new babies 3 days ago. I am feeling very lucky though because many of my neighbors have not been as fortunate. I sure hope it stops raining soon...

Busy Bee,

My son is in rural Ash Grove, MO. He just called to say the creek that runs next to his house (about 150 yrds away) is up to the fence, just about 20 feet from his house. Fortunately the creek crested last night and is starting to recede. In the flood of \'93 the water was up to their front porch (it was his in-law\'s house at that time). Sure hope everyone is okay. I understand they may need to close the James River Freeway because Springfield Lake is so high...I have never seen it that high!

Mary Beth

I know that 39 hwy was closed yesterday but don\'t know if it is open today. I would say yes because the lakes in my front field is not there now. But run off you can not predict. Rain has stopped here and is south in Ark and East now. So will be seeing sun out this afternoon but not there yet. Weather men don\'t always know lol. I do know that Ash Grove is north East of me and it is not raining there either. Hope the helps.Now everything is turning GREEN. Hoping for the light at the end of the tunnel. Nita

Bobbi is right about southern Ohio getting hit with a lot of rain. It has been raining for three days now. The ground was saturated from all the snow we got a few weeks ago so this stuff is ponding on top. The rivers are at or above flood stage too. I am near the top of a hill but there is still ponding on some places in my yard. I am begining to wonder if I need to head to Lowes to get material to build an ark. My scottie thinks all the mud is wonderful for digging. He still hasn\'t caught Mr. Mole but it isn\'t for lack of trying. You can imagine what my kitchen floor looks like. I am thankful though that it is just rain so far and no bad storms.

Pamela

Teresa,

You are on one side of the river.. and I am on the other! Hopefully the water will soon flow south and we\'ll be fine. I read that the river is suppossed to crest this afternoon at about 43 ft. The Cape Girardeau flood gates have been closed, but the river will top the walls at 48 feet. I keep hearing about levee breaches all over our area... so we can be thankful we are both still dry today. Keep me posted.

I was on the south end of all of this as it turns out. But we were sweating all day yesterday. We sometimes get spin off tornadoes from the edges of these things, either that or flooding since anything that goes on in the north seems to pass by here on it\'s way to the Gulf! Glad to hear everyone is high & dry!

One good thing, the bluebonnets are starting to come out and this rain make make the whole state look blue!

Archived