computerquilter cable

Hi Brenda, Thats how I have mine also. when I disconnect, the block swing to the downward position. And you will also have to position you machine on it\'s "Y" axis at about 3/4 travel towrds the front of the machine and to one side on the "X" axis. This is how I do it so I don\'t have any hand-ups. It makes it easier to disconnect and reconnect from the front of the machine. regards, zeke

Brenda -- How loose are the cables? There are tensioners for both cables. The cables have to be snug (not tight enough to "play a tune") but very little "loseness". The cables do stretch after they have been used for a while - more so when the cables are new. Johnmach

Hi

When Stan was here we talked about how tight the wires need to be. He said that on the X axis the lower length of the wire should just wobble up and down slightly when the machine is moving. Not flapping, just a wobble.

When your machine is first set up, it does take a week or two for the x axis wire particularly to seat into the grooves of the motor drum. You may have to tighten the adjustment bolt on the front right hand side of the table to take up some of that slack.

Also,Hold the tension block in one hand and try to pull the wire through the chrome plate, if the block slides along the wire at all the plate needs to be tightened down a little

Hope that helps.

sue in australia

Brenda,

How exactly is it "messing up"?

I see that others have posted how to adjust the cable tension, so I am assuming you have that fixed.

Is the X-lock (block that secures the machine to the cable on the X axis) actually slipping on the cable after you have secured it wth the set screw?.....

Or perhaps, the X-lock is not in the correct position and you are running out of pulley length? Check to be sure the X-lock has not been repositioned where it is NOT in the middle of the cable travel path?? If this is happening, you will hear a squealing, binding noise when the cable reaches the end of the motor pulley, and it will not move any farther in that direction

If this is the case, you will need to remove the X-lock, wind the pulley motor to where the cable is feeding off the very center of the pulley- You can either use your jog keys to rotate the pulley to the center, or you can turn off the stepping motor and "wind" the motor pulley by hand. You will see 7 strands of cable running around each side of the middle, counting the strand that is feeding off to the table. Then, move your machine head to the center of your table and secure the X-lock to the cable there. Your machine will now be positioned in the middle of the travel path.

Hope this helps!!;)

If this is not what is happening... then please post EXACTLY how the CompuQuilter is messing up and I\'ll help you fix it.

Archived