Ceramic Thread Guides

For those of you that have not found a source for the ceramic thread guides, check this out:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat410035&navAction=jump&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat20431&parentType=category&parentId=cat20431

I went into the Cabela store in Idaho on Friday. I picked up a pack of 22 rod tips, which are now the ceramic thread guides and the cost was only $18.99. For 22 of them!! At first the salesperson showed me the little three pack (which is $4.99). When I told him what I was using them for he asked me if I wanted some in bulk. So there you are. I plan on sharing with my friends and others. I don\'t know what the shipping would be on them, but if it is a lot, let me know and I will pick some up for you next week when I am there again and will send them out.

:D:D:D

Nancy:cool::cool:

;););) Yes, they are used for additional thread guides ala Sharon\'s video. I have not had one broken thread since I put them on, even though the APQS machines are awesome just the way they come. :):):) The thread flows through without any looping or snagging. I think they make a difference, and in the worst case, they do no harm, so why not?? Less than $1 each to purchase and use. Well worth it I think.

Nancy

I got mine at bi-mart and the putty and put them on. I love them. my thread does not whip off the cone anymore or slip out of the L hook after the tension disk. The only one I don\'t have yet is the one for the needle and the guy sharon recomends on her web site does not have one to fit our millies yet. It cost me less than 15.00 for everything.

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

You go girl. Sounds like you have your machine all set up. I need the needle guide too and I keep leaving messages for Jason and emails, but no response. I think I need to contact that place in Orange County and get me one. Then I am pretty well fixed up. Now I just have to figure out how to unhook the CQ and everything else to move the machine to Idaho. Not looking forward to that.:(:(:( See you Thursday night!!

Nancy

Nora check out Orange County for the needle bar guide. I got mine quick and cheap. It fit w/just a bit of muscle. Aslo they mailed it in regular postage, just the cost of a stamp. I think the whole transaction was under $7.

Be advised though, I had to buff mine out twice for burrs. It was shredding the fine threads.

I bought my "thread guides"/fishing pole guides at a local fishing/outdoors shop. They were like you all said, less than $1.00 each...I\'m thinking about .75.

If you have a local sewing machine company that deals with commercial type machines, see if they handle Juki. Give them the part # that Sherry gave us way back when....it is possible that you can buy locally and save shipping costs. That is what I did. If I had ordered the part it would have been $20, but I called a local place and got is for $6.00 - I love a bargin!!

Judi,

Go here:http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com and click on the free videos then the one with the machine modifications.

Mary Beth is right. The Juki part is cheap if you order right. I got the three at Orange County and the shipping is minimal. Came in an envelope. They were $6.23 each and they had 11 before I ordered my three. I also finally heard from Raicherts and they have the Juki part if you order it by the part number. So there you go!!:D:D

Nancy

Here ya go Judi: http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com/free_area/videos/adjust_longarm/index.html

Its under the free area. If you can\'t use the above url, click on free area, enter your email addy if you have not already, then just click on the free area at the bottom of the page. It takes you to adjusting your longarm. Really very worthwhile.

Tracye, thanks for posting the number. Duh. I should have done that!!

nancy

Archived