How should I quilt this fishing quilt?

I need ideas for this one. It is a guys quilt with fishing and cabin fabrics. My customer wants the quilting to be something about fishing. Each block also has a fussy cut 6" square in the middle that has some type of chair surrounded with fishing accessories.

The quilt is so busy with so many different fabrics, I\'m just at a loss for what to do.

Thanks!!

Debbi

post--13461899423171_thumb.jpg

Hi Debbi--

The only place you will be able to see anything would be those light sashing stones. You do such great original designs (remember Debbi\'s seahorse?) how about game fish, fishing lures, reels, creels, etc--one in each square? The rest could be that easy loop meander to represent fishing line. Just a thought.

The love of colors just came out in me, I see the same burgundy in the stars in the thread, and use trout like fish and lures, reels, etc.. on 4 of the 6 strips which form the framing and two color sashing.. I\'d only sid around the fussy cut center blocks and the pin wheel stars in the sashing.

It is really unique.. know you will do great.

RitaR

Thanks gals for the suggestions and ideas. :) I checked out MeadowLyon last night and got some ideas for quilting lures, fishing hooks, etc. in the sashings.

You\'re right Rita. This is a very unique quilt. The quilt is so busy there\'s really not a place for your eyes to rest.

Debbi

Humm, I\'m seeing "diagonal cross hatch" those center busy squares and SID around them.

In the center of the cornerstones, stitch a fishing motif (lure, fish-hook, etc) and SID around those cornerstone triangles.

Then around the picture, take some ideas from the panto\'s and use it going all around the pic. You\'ll just pass between the setting half triangle, and the picture, but I think that would be cool! Don\'t know if you get what I mean or not.....

Archived