Help !! I\'m having trouble with the Lava thread shreading. I can only meander about 12 inches before it comes apart. I\'ve started with the suggested needle, [ 4.0 ] and have losened up my top tension, and the bobbin just drops. I do have an unwashed batik for the back. I\'m going real slow too. Any suggestions ? Glenda

Mary Beth,

Speaking of MQS, were you going to try to put together a time when all of us could get together for dinner or a shop hop? Or am I thinking of someone else?....

Back to topic: I just quilted a lap size quilt with a sample cone of Lava, and it worked just fine. It was a pieced top, PolyDown batting and a flannel back. Used Bottom Line in the bobbin and a 4.0 needle. The only problem I really had was with the bobbin thread, and it turned out to be because my needle was loose, dropped out and bent (see thread from last week:o). The Lava worked just fine for me.

Yes, in answer to your question regarding MQS..I have a spread sheet going...color coded and everything. I want to include everyone in this escapade...but need to be sensitive to the reason we are all there in the first place. Let me take a look at it and I will post a message letting everyone know the most available times. That will be just after I cook dinner....DH has to come first. Sorry, I love ya guys....but I love him more ;)

Archived