a great panto source

Good morning everyone,

Thanks to a previous post here, I recently discovered www.designsbyvickie.com I just ordered a panto from her, and when it arrived, there were 2 pantos! She\'d sent me an extra as a thankyou. In addition, she can size them to your specifications for you machine, make them smaller so that you can have more than one row of quilting before you need to advance the quilt. All in all, a really great experience.

Beth

yea, thanks a lot Beth! Now I have another place to spend my hard earned money!!;) Actually, I put the web site in my favorites and will be shopping there soon.

Linda I liked those Asian Fans too and was thinking of that black/white/red quilt that I need to do that my customer doesn\'t like anything I have suggested to date....or that you all have backed me up on.

There were some good baby quilt patterns there too. I will probably be shopping there very soon.

OK, I almost want to do this under a different name!

When I look at the pantos, I can\'t decide how they should be quilted... I see the lines, but I am having problems \'following\' the lines. Everytime I try to follow the lines, I seem to miss an important part of the design!

So far I have only attempted one panto. It was a very loose heart pattern that came with my machine. It was almost a no brainer. I can now do it without the panto, so probably not \'really\' a panto!

If I buy the panto, does it come with anything to help us \'challenged\' folks... probably not! Oh well, back to salivate over the pantos and wish I could figure them out!

Nini

Hi Nini,

I\'d suggest tracing the design with your finger a few times to get some muscle memory into your head/body. This will also point out to you the "difficult" areas to keep an eye out for, and maybe mark with something so that your eye sees it.

I just did one of frogs by Vickie, and she has the lines in 2 different colors because there were areas that you would naturally want to keep going in one direction, but you had already quilted it. Those are certainly more difficult pantos, but that technique is very helpful.

Keep practicing, and you\'ll be fine.

Beth

Archived