Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobbette

Got your beautiful block today, my second Christmas block. Thank you, thank you. I\'m getting Christmas blocks and I still have 5 of the friendship blocks due me from the last exchange.

I\'ve had my material for my Christmas blocks sitting in my sewing room but haven\'t started yet because I was called out of retirement to my old classroom til the end of the school year.(I\'m a special ed assistant) Hopefully I will get to them soon.

Have a great week and thanks again!

Bobbette

I got your beautiful Christmas Block in the mail today,,, it makes me think of Christmas

and you did such a good job piecing it...and thanks so much for the patterns directions

I am working on mind right now,,,

Thanks again

Wilma Depriest

Bobbi, I wasn\'t thinking that in 50 years I would be reading the notes, more like a grandchild. I think I came up with the idea because you wrote such a lovely note with your block and I don\'t want to lose it some place. I thought the notes should stay with the quilt and keep its history. Twice a month I have a group of women come to my house for quilting, quilting chatter, show and tell, etc. This past week one of the women in the group brought several old quilts that she had inherited. They looked like they were from the 1930\'s-1940\'s based on the fabric that was used. One quilt had fabric maybe from the 1960\'s. They had been in storage for who knows how long. A little tattered, but in generally good shape. One of them had been used to pack china. What none of them had was a label. We could only guess at who might have made them, and when. My friend inherited them from different sources. We were able to guess at the rough ages and I was able to tell her the names of the patterns on a few of them, but wouldn\'t it have been wonderful to know more? So that is why I plan to put a pocket on my quilt and everyone\'s notes in it. Now I\'ll get off the pedestal because the truth be known, not one of my quilts either hanging on a wall in my house or lying on a bed has a label on it. If I was struck by lightening today no one would know when I made these quilts. Guess I have my work cut out for me. Dianne

Oh Dianne,

I completely agree... I think it\'s one of the reasons I quilt and maybe all of us feel the same way. I want to let the world know I was here. I love knowing about my ancestors, and want my future relative to know about our family. I do sign all of my quilts... I love the pocke idea... won\'t it be a treasure for someone down the line!

Just need to ask a question. I have my blocks almost finished and need to know how you are all signing your blocks as far as what info you are including? Do you do this on the front of the blocks? I know this may sound silly, but I do not have the oddly done block that might not look good in the quilts. Saundra

Thank you Bobbi for the beautiful block that came in today\'s mail. I love that you included the pattern.

Saundra, Sign your name, city and state, and you can add the date if you want. Sign with a pigma pen in one of your lighter parts.

I think I\'ve decided to make Carpenter\'s Star my Christmas block pattern. I\'m still thinking about it.

Jennifer,

Thanks for the wonderful Christmas block that I received in the mail from you today. This is the first block I have received and it is just beautiful. I can\'t tell you how exciting this is. I have never participated in a block exchange before but can already tell, these blocks are going to make a great Christmas quilt.

Bobbi

Just wanted to let you know I got your block earlier this week

Sorry didn\'t let you know sooner. I do custom screen printing for

my regular job and have been looking at baseball/softball uniforms

all week. THANKS again it is very pretty cant\' wait to see the next ones.

I have my pattern picked and some fabric cut just need to find time to

sit and sew. Have a great weekend all

dawn

Hi,

I need to correct my address for the christmas exchange. They train the mail carriers in my city on my route. I never get my mail. Strangely they have now delivered two blocks to me with the wrong address (maybe that is the key to getting my mail) However my correct address is

2324 NE 53rd

everything else was correct

Thanks,

Melora

Hi Bobbi,

Yes techniquely it is 53rd Ave the city is broken up

NE SE NW SW so there is only one NE53 so I forget the Ave..Maybe that is why they drop ship my mail to some small island in Alaska or send it back to the sender saying no such person.

Melora

ps I could really use spell check sorry

Melora,

Got your block today. It looks great. I changed my mind about the Oregon block(Jim says it\'s because there aren\'t enough points). I like the Milky Way too. I haven\'t started my blocks yet because Scott School callled me out of retirement to finish the school year. After being with the kids all day I\'m too exhausted to do much of anything else. Now I know why I retired! See you at the NW Quilters meeting in June.

Archived