Pantograph Plastic Problem

ETownsend

Hi All,

I just got my new Millie and set it up last week. Yesterday was the first day I got to use it. When the carriage passed over the center of the pantograph table, the carraige would "catch" on the plastic cover. I temporarily put some masking tape over the center to keep them flat. They look a little warped. Is this normal? Did any of you have that problem? Thanks for your help.

Evelyn in Virginia

I had problems too. Are you talking about the plastic that covers the pantographs? My Millie would catch and eventually folded the corner up on the plastic. I tried taping it down, but nothing seemed to work. Finally, I replaced it with the "Pattern Grid" , here is one example of a web site, but you could google it to find more...http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Parts/PatternGrid.asp. This has worked much better for me.

Also, after taping it down, try a hair dryer! (It will warm up the plastic then you can press it and smooth it out so it will lay flat). But, keep it taped over nite and put some heavy books on it. Then remove the books/tape the next day. Mind did it slightly, but now, lays completely flat.

I ordered new ones for my older machine and before installing them I layed them out on a sheet on a concrete pad I had in the front of my house. I let them get really warm in the Sun then immediately layed them in place on my table. I smoothed them out while really warm and they just layed into place perrfectly and are flat flat. It worked out great as they cooled down where they needed to be.

Hugs Grammie

Tammie,

That is a good idea. It was hot as blazes at my house yesterday, I bet that plastic would soften right up. I ordered a patterngrid from Sue Schmeiden at the show so I will try your idea when I receive it.

Does anybody else cut this plastic sheet in half so it is easier to fit the panto underneath? My second machine had it done that way already and it worked OK.

OK, I misunderstood. So now my world is back on it\'s axis. I wondered why somebody as talented as Myrna was standing in back of the machine, except of course, to use the Hartley Fence. :cool:

Hi Bobbie - I know what you mean. I do custom but I just don\'t make any moneyon it. Very time-consuming. Pantos are a money-maker. Get the quilt in, give it some nice texture with a cool panto and get it out the door. I got lucky and inherited some of Donna\'s panto when she converted to the CQ. I stopped counting pantos at 135. I don\'t have them all (yet). And I just bought some more of Patricia Ritter\'s pantos and block patterns (www.urbanelementz.com). She has one called Chrysanthemum that will look great on a stamped batik that I just got in as an LQS sample.

Archived