HELP....stitch regulator problems

skrat

Help, help, help.......I have a Freedom SR and am working on a king size custom quilt for a customer. Everything was going along just fine and all of a sudden my stitch regulator won\'t regulate stitch length on the quilt. It only sews large stitches. I checked for thread, dust bunnies, rethreaded the machine, changed needle, checked tension and still long stitches. I put a practice piece on one end of muslin, batting, and muslin and the stitches are great, not all long. Any suggestions? Need to get this quilt off and a rambling rose custom on.

Shannon, I was having trouble with my SR and I got the flash light, strong reading glasses on and started checking everything out. I noticed that on the lower encoder wheel was major dust bunnies around the shaft. So I took canned air and tweezer and removed that and she is stitching great again. Now that is on my list of cleaning.

Good luck and please post what works for you on this issue.

I have actually been having that same problem and I have been too stubborn to call and try to fix it. (for some reason I HATE being on the phone)

I will be stitching along and all of a sudden my regulator will make long stitches and I have even had where they went really tiny all of a sudden too. I know everything is tight where it needs to be and my brushes are fairly new so I am looking forward to knowing exactly what it is. For now, I just turn it to manual for a minute and it is fine when I switch it back.

Jessica,

That is something I haven\'t tried is to run it in manual then back to SR. I\'ll try that. It just puzzles me that it will work on one cloth and not on the quilt I\'m working on. Will let u know if that fixes it. I\'m the same way about being on the phone, but may have to.

"I will be stitching along and all of a sudden my regulator will make long stitches and I have even had where they went really tiny all of a sudden too. I know everything is tight where it needs to be and my brushes are fairly new so I am looking forward to knowing exactly what it is."

I was just getting this erratic behavior too. Encoder wheels were good and tight, no dust bunnies, or thread etc. Rewired something on the circuit board per instructions and still happened. Ended up coming from the wire from the machine to the carriage encoder box. They thought it might be a break in the wire so I fiddled with that. I unplugged the wire and replugged it at the back encoder and everything is fine now! Moral of the story... it can be something as simple as a loose plug! :P

Archived