APQS Forum

Just an observation -

I think its great that the APQS Forum is open to anybody regardless of what machine type you have or whether you even have one yet. I happened onto the Gammill site and found that you have to be a Gammill owner not even a wantta be can join their forum. To their credit it does ask for no bashing of other machines or dealers (whoops am I bashing?). I know its been said but it warrants repeating: This forum is PRICELESS!

Members disclaimer:P: I own an APQS, I barely even looked at any other brand prior to purchase and have never regretted it.

Agree, Jolene! :) This is a great place for everyone and anyone--no matter if you have a machine or not, or what brand machine you use... it\'s all good, right? Personally, I think that having the choice between all of the machines out there is a great thing. Freedom of choice is wonderful. Just like cars, they all have great options, bells, whistles that fit the person (and budget) who\'s driving the machine. I tend to believe no matter what brand/model of car or longarm you choose, it\'s the driver (operator) that makes it zoom and do the things we want it to do to make pretty quilty stuff as an end result. Don\'t matter which machine you use...what does matter is that you had fun and created that beautiful quilt -- that\'s what matters. Happy quilting on your Maggie! :)

Shana (and her beloved Madame Madeline Millennium)

I also looked at the other site and was sorely disappointed that I couldn\'t communicate with the "other" owners. To my surprise I found everyone over here on the APQS site. I love it here and the sense of community is phenomenal! I love my Millie-Annabella and everyone here is wonderful. And so helpful! I love it here. Thanks APQS!!:D

This is a great site, and even though I own an APQS, I am glad that we are open to other LAer\'s. It helps if under our names we could put the type of machine we have (I need to do that too) so that when we have problems, we can easily help with diagnosis of we can at least sympathize:)

I know what you mean about the other site, Jolene. That was such a turn off for me that I decided right away that I was not interested in that machine. The same thing goes with their computerized system, if you can\'t ask questions before buying or talk to other owners it just makes you wonder what they are hiding. I love the way APQS is so open to everyone!

It\'s hard to imagine where I would be without this site. It would be like being on an island, not knowing if any else on the island knew anything about long arm quilting. With this site we are not isolated with our challenges or our accomplishments, we can share it all here. Many Thanks to APQS.

Archived