casters on table

Patti, are you wanting to move your table? I use the "sliders" (plastic discs) under my table and even when it was sitting on carpet, I could move it. Now it is on a laminate floor and very easy to slide. I'm not sure you would want to put casters on it unless you got the locking wheel type.

I wouldn't consider it for myself.. We need these tables to stay in one place.. and be level, at all times.. castors wouldn't permit either situation.. move the table two inches on some floors and it can really affect the level, not only side to side, but front to back at various places, too.

RitaR

APQS sells the casters/tri pod castors for the machines.

When I bought my machine 3 years ago I inqured about them and was told by one of the home office sales team that Home Depot had the same kind at a cheaper price. So I got mine from Home Depot. The tri pod castors have 3 small wheels on each tri pod (you'll need 4 of them) and the legs of the table sit directly on top of them. I have never had any problems with them interferring with my table being leveled or of the machine moving due to the vibration or the movement of using the machine. And I have my machine on tile floors. In order for the machine to move it does require some pressure being applied to the machine table, alot more than is used when you are moving the machine head back and forth side by side.

The nice thing about it is if I want more floor space in my quilting room to spread a quilt out on the floor for trimming or what ever all I need to do is push my machine/table up agaisnt the wall. I would not recommend though if you have the hydrolic lift on your machine though...that may cause some problems.

Archived