What would you Quilt on this one???

:o OK, I got this one in last Friday and now I need some ideas. The customer said that I could do what I want to on it and I have a few ideas, but would sure like to pick the brains of all the quilt professionals out there. So here are the pictures I just took, What do you think?

2440024780094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2143979580094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2072860360094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

The stars have 4 Cathadral type openings to make the flower or Eyes in the center of the star. The background is Fairyfrost, the backing is pieced with 3 different cotton fabrics and she wants Warm & Natureal batting. Thanks for looking.

OK the first thing that came to mind: The narrow oval shapes (Cathedral Windows) in the middle -- these are the Middle parts of a butterfly's wings. If you quilt the Outer edges of the butterfly wings and put some antennae on the top there you go!

The green background looks like grass to me. Maybe do some fun fill in there and throw in a bunch of flowers in so those butterflies have something pretty to land on.

hmmm - tough one! I think I see swirly wavy grass in the background - that sure is alot of green! - and SID around the star and just hit into it a bit around the ovals. Let the rest of the star pop-up a bit. All would be pretty much freehand, bit of ruler work....

Although I did see a star quilt similar to this, but it had the folded oragimi type of star - and they used the CL to do a spiral graph type of circles around and coming out of the stars. That looked really cool! If you have it and could do it, that would be awesome! I think the photos are on the Circle Lord website / blog. Good Luck and Yes - post again when you are done please!

Patty Jo,

I would do circles around the stars and just SID the star and make them pop. For the green background I would find a swirly design or do some kind of fancy meander. There is lots of space to do something really nice but I'm not sure if it would show much on that fabric so I would keep it pretty loose. I concentrate more on have enough unquilted to make the design pop.

Boy what good ideas you all have. My customer has already named this quilt and it is "The Forest has eyes" and it is for her DH. I also saw the square on point between the stars also, so I'm auditioning some designs in there that may "connect" with the other spaces without stars. And then try and coordinate a border to go along. The yellow stripe is only on the top and bottom of the quilt & not on the sides. I'm not sure what I'll do with that. Anyway, it is very well pieced and if I do a good job, there are about 6 more of her dear friends who have all lost their LA'r as she has moved away, so I really want to make this one sing!!! I'll start it next week. Thanks for all the good ideas.

Archived