My first quilt on Lenni

Hi everyone,

I pulled my first quilt off of Lenni last night. It was so exciting to see it. Here are a few pictures. Sorry for the wierdness of some of the pictures but it is a very big quilt and it was difficult to photograph. There are 2 trying to capture the whole quilt and a few close ups so you can see the quilting. Sorry for so many pictures.

It still has to be bound and I have to add embellishments such as eyes.

Oh, I stitched in the ditch around all the squares (not too well, notice you don't see any pictures of that, haha) and the rest is free hand.

post--13461900112568_thumb.jpg

Your quilt is wonderful. How big is it and how long did it take you?

I am seriously thinking of buying a Lenni. DH says we need to wait till the next duty station. I could squeeze a Lenni in my current room but worry that I might regret only having a 10 ft table.

Michelle

Roberta, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Great job. All those tiny pieced blocks and the detail and the black sashing makes it a knockout. WOW!! Love it!

PS: I had to smile at the pups "stepping" on the quilt. What is it about our furbabies --- they "gotta step on it with their paws." Or sit on it. Ha! Mine try to do that, too. I have to watch to make sure they don't.

Maybe it's to make sure it passes inspection and gets the "paw stamp of approval?" LOL! :P

PS: Can you post a closeup photo of the pony? I love ponies! And the turtle? Heck. Post a closeup of all the blocks!

Thank you everyone for you kind comments. I absolutely love this quilt. It was a real stash builder because it is a fat quarter quilt. So I kept having to buy more fat quarters:D

Michelle - the quilt is 108 by 85. I still had room on both sides to put the base extender on and change the bobbin, etc.. I did load it sideways. The only thing I regret about the 10' table is that I don't have the automatic fabric feed. That would be a treat.. I am lazy, it really is no problem rolling the quilt, so don't let that scare you off. It took me a while to make this quilt because I had alot of big events that kept me from sewing for months on end. So it took me about a year to make. It is a block of the month pattern. It was great fun to make.

Shana - :D Yup, this quilt has been thoroughly inspected and has many stamps of approval, ha ha.. dogs are too funny. I will post the pony for you and others as well. I haven't really been able to get the pictures to look better though.

Pat - Maybe you can come redecorate my house, I have lived here a year and still haven't hung my pictures :D

Terry - I used a varigated rainbows thread for the quilting, but I did do some metalic thread for the applique. I also used razzle dazzle in the bobbin for some of it.

Well I don't seem to have pictures of the other ones. If you really really want to see them let me know and I can take more pictures.

Thanks Mary and Colleen :).

Julie - yes Lenni is great :D aren't we lucky ... Don't be afraid of threads they are so much fun and you can always remove them if you don't like it.. Just don't wait until you've done an entire block, haha

Archived