Thread sale

Wow. I didn't know that they offered that. Obviously, I am new to this. Still wondering how you all get your batting. Do you get the rolls or individual batts? My LQS doesn't keep alot of battings, so I'm not sure where to order. Thanks for the heads up. This stuff does get expensive in the begining.

You can order Quilters Dream (www.quiltersdreambatting.com) wholesale from them with a business account. Sue Schmeiden at the quilting connection (www.longarmconnection.com) does Hobbs Battings with a 2 case or roll minimum instead of the 4 roll or case minimum that Hobbs offers wholesale. You can also order many different batts through www.checkerdist.com if you have a business and set up an account, they also carry many threads.

You can order wholesale through The Warm Company also. They have 100% cottons, poly and a bunch of other stuff. Shipping is the thing that kills you anymore. Airtex is also a place to get wholesale. Just have to have the tax ID# which we all should have if we charge for our quilting services.

I use Quilters Dream cotton mostly. It comes in 4 weights. (Request, Select, Deluxe and Supreme). I carry the Select and the Deluxe. Now these are 100% cotton so they will have some shrinkage. The Deluxe dense and quilts up great. The Select is similar in weight to Warm Co's Warm and Natural. Shipping to the west coast from Virginia can be a bit pricey; they will ship a roll for about $20 shipping.

However, Warm and Natural is 87% cotton and 13% poly which is mostly their scrim. Warm also has the 100% cotton, it is called Soft and Natural and it is not easy to find here. I have heard that Joann's carries it but I don't have a Joann's closeby. I just ordered from Warm in Washington. No idea of the shipping costs but figured since WA is closer to me that VA, shipping has to be better. The wholesale pricing I just got for rolls were as follows:

Warm & Natural 90" by 40 yds = $159.60

Soft & Natural 90" by 15 yds = $63.

I like to have a variety of battings available for my customers. There is a large markup on batting so the shipping can readily be absorbed into the customer price.

The storage on these battings in another thing entirely. They do take up space.

Great info Linda. I do have additional storage space (LUCKY ME), so I believe I will order by the roll. I might buy a couple of the single packages to check out the different types. Before Millie, I settled for what JoAnnes had to offer, which isn't much. Thanks again.

Linda C, I have an account with Quilters Dream. What do you charge for your battings for your customers? Do you double the price that you pay? I am getting ready to do a quilt that I will be supplying the batting from quilters dream, but not sure what to charge. Thanks!!! linda

Archived