Need quilting suggestions

A close up...

Would you do an overall or more of a custom job? This is one of two quilts I am making for a friend who is expecting twins, a girl and a boy. This is the boy's quilt and the girls' will be mostly pinks.

I have time to play with them as the babies aren't due until December (or maybe around Thanksgiving).

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Sandy

post--13461900257256_thumb.jpg

I would trace the critters from the center...make them fit the box and then quilt them in there.....you can use either "Golden Threads paper or tissue paper to do that... SID the edges of the center box, some kind of background in the yellow areas....might leave the green areas open...and SID if needed there....sashing areas a stencil design or something freehand and fun...maybe loopys and stars and then in the outside border maybe piano key as its already so busy...and take the critters from the centers and put into the outside corner stones.....

Just my 2 cents, simple but custom.

Yeppers Mary Beth. I have a Circle Lord and my first purchase was the Swirls. I just love them!!!

Debbi, I like the wavy cross hatch idea. I was thinking about that, too.

I think you gals are so great with all of these suggestions. Thanks so much! I don't have the backing or the batting yet, so I didn't load it yet. I am still piecing the "girl" quilt. So..whatever I do on the boy quilt, I will do on the girl quilt. The backing I plan to get is flannel, so they will be real soft. I just hope I can find the right colors.

Archived