NQR - DH'S UPDATE

PattyJo~

Having been thru breast cancer, chemo, and radiation.

I experienced depression like never before. The simplest "normal" activities help immensely. For your husband to want to go shopping with you means everything. As his main support I'm sure it helped lift your spirits too. To see your partner with a bit of energy and to have the desire to participate in some kind of activity is so helpful. Keep your chins up. You both will get thru this yet again. Take care......

Bonnie

Hi Patty Jo and Bill. Have been reallllly busy the past few days and this day is no exception but wanted to stop by and say that the two of you have give all of us such a blessing by letting us share your lives at this time. It has been a privilege to laugh with you, cry with you, rejoice with you and pray with you. Thank you for your courage in sharing your journey with us. Looking forward to seeng you both on the 13th and am excited that Bill is feeling well enough to have all of us crazy people around. I also know that if it is not okay you will both be honest enough to let us know.

For all the rest of you you have walked this path, it is amazing to watch our God at work as He allows you now to share not only with Patty Jo and Bill but with any one else in our family that is also dealing with cancer and all that comes with it.

And to Mary Beth and Bonnie what ever would we do without the two of you to keep us laughing and our brains working trying to come up with funny, clever stuff too.

We are all truly blessed to be part of such a family.

Always praying

Thank You for the update Patty Jo. What a relief for Bill to have a break in the treatments. Keep your chins up and enjoy everything life has to give! You and Bill are in everyones hearts and prayers. You know you always have the best listeners here... and a wonderful support system. Prayers and (((((((HUGS)))))))) to you both!

Originally posted by PattyJo

Hi Bonnie - You are so funny & I do know that some people really believe in the green M&M thing (and also the red now that you made me aware of it) but if it hasn't been proved to really work then wouldn't it be considered an urban legion?

That's why I said it wasn't urban legion, but a real fact....just ask my hubby...when we were dating, I gave him Green M's and got lucky every time....now that should go down as not a legion, but fact...right.:cool:

OR was that TMI.....

Oh Dear Bonnie - you make my day everyday. Well, some of us didn't even have to resort to M&M's no matter what color they are and Yes, I'll invite you over to help me eat the black licorice, however, no one has sent me any yet - but I'll let you know if anyone does!!!:cool:

NancyJo - Thank you for your encouraging words to me. I know that once you go thru something like this, everytime you become aware of someone else going thru it, there are a lot of memories that come flooding back to you.

I went thru this with my Mom and was her caregiver. She was diagnosed in January and was gone in May. It was very hard, but I have so many good memories of our last months together. I wouldn't have had it any other way. At that time, I was glad that my mom lived close enough so that I could spend every day with her, take her to her treatments and help her go thru all her things to get the history and story that went with so many of her things. When she got to the point where she couldn't stay alone, we hired a wonderful woman who came at 8 PM every night and left when I got there in the morning and was such a blessing to us. I have one sister and she lives about 500 miles away so she came 2 or 3 times during Mom's illness. Everytime that she came she was critical of what I was doing saying that I was just trying to get all of mom's $$ and things so that she couldn't have anything. She determined this because I didn't put mom in a nursing home fior someone else to take care of her. She only saw my kindness and willingness to help mom as manipulating mom to give me everything and her nothing. Needless to say, the relationship with my sister has been non-existant since mom's death. And by the way, Mom split everything down the middle between me and my sis. She got 1/2 of everything and she still feels like I got more! Hard to figure that one out. I've tried - sending cards, notes, all the things people do to stay in contact, and have made phone calls but she has caller ID & won't take any calls from me. And all attempts have ended in silence from her. So now that I'm going thru this with DH, I don't really have any family to lean on so you guys are it!!! You didn't know that I've adopted you all did you? :) All of DH's family and our 3 kids are all out of the area, so when I need to talk, this is where I come. As I said before, you all are keeping me sane just by being able to talk - even at 2 AM, I can put my thoughts down here and know that there will be some of you who are going to reply and let me know that I'm not nuts when i find humor in the cat, DH & even the neighbors. ;)

So Nancy, I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks just to give you a hug in person. Until then here is an ((((E-Hug)))).

Thank you all again for your support thru this time - sometimes with tears and sometime with humor. It's good to know that you are here when I need to talk. :cool:

Dear Patty Jo,

I lost my sister 8 years ago to cancer. We were best friends. We talked everyday sometimes more than once a day on the phone - long distance. Gosh I miss those times so much. I just makes me sick when I hear of sisters that cannot talk to each other. I would give my right arm to see my sister and talk and laugh like we use to do. Sisters are very special, it's a shame your sister doesn't know that.

I now proclaim the adoption of Patty Jo as my "sister". Now we can laugh till we wet our pants....it's legal between sisters ya know ;)

Originally posted by seakitten

Urban Legion? Is that the opposite of Foreign Legion?

Legend....I never claimed that I was best speller....getting the point was more important I guess.....at times I wish there was spell checker here...though.:cool::P

Ok MaryBeth - Thanks sis, but if its ok with you, I'll buy us a box of depends!!:cool:

You know this is the strangest thread in a long time. Green M&M's, Red M&M's, Black Licorice, Depends - Sounds like a list to go to the grocery story with!! LOL.

Archived