noise in machine

My Millie has developed a terrible rattle/clatter/

Sounds like it is in the bobbin area.

like every thing is banging around inside there.

Sounds like ball bearings loose in a metal container.

have changed the bobbin case... cleaned... the usual

Tried to get a hold of Connie today but she was not available

of course I have 10 quilts to do in the next week.

any one ever have this happen to thier machine?

or does any one have any idea of what it is and how do you fix it.

it is sewing fine. But I fear it will just blow up.

Thanks

Gloria: I have had something like that happen and there is a spot where you can put grease. You should still talk to someone who knows more than I know but if that's the problem, APQS will send you the grease to put in there. You will have to take the machine off the table, turn it upside down . . not really a big deal and it definitely solves the clatter if that's what's the matter! :)

Not sure where you are in IN but if you're in southern IN, and need the grease *now*, I have some I can share with you.

Hi Gloria,

I too had the same problem about 2 months ago. It turned out to be air pockets in the grease in the gear shaft. Same thing that Judy L is talking about. Connie will be able to listen over the phone to tell you for sure.

When it happened to me she said it is ok to continue using the machine, it will not hurt it. It is only an annoyance having to listen to that.

Once I got the air pockets out and put in the new grease, it was quiet as can be.

PS. Connie will be able to email excellent photos with instructions on how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Judy

thanks for the tip. now to find the place that needs the grease

I have special Grease for my comercial embroidery machine. I would imagine that would be the right kind.

I am just worried that parts and pieces will start flying out from under the machine.

I am in Northwest Indiana. about 4 hours from where you live. thanks for the offer to share.

Gloria

Hi Gloria,

Sorry, I havn't gotten back to you sooner, the grease you need is a special grease, it is very thick and is a lithium base.. we have it on hand, just call amy and order some!

You will have to take the machine off the table and flip it upside down!

we have great pictures to send with the grease!

Let us know or even send me an e-mail and I will send it out to you!

I don't think it is inevitable. I had an Ult. I and it experienced the problem not too long after I received it. I think the grease just shifted somehow during shipping. Not sure how/why it happened but it really is an easy fix. I've had my Millennium for almost 18 months and it has not had the noise problem.

I can tell you that there's hardly anything that can happen with these machines that the owner can't fix with just a little help from APQS. I wish everything in my life was as reliable (and fun) as my Millennium!

• 1 month later...

Dear Connie

I have been experiencing similar problems to those listed above and it is comforting to know the machine is not going to blow up !! I live in Australia and have been in touch with Sue our distributor who sent some grease and told me what to do however it would be great to actually see a picture ! Could you possibly e-mail me the picture you mentioned. While I am talking to you can you suggest what the problem may be for the following. The mushroom head on the right hand, back side of the machine fails to respond to my commands. I press the left hand command button to start stitch regulator mode then when I press the right hand start button it cancels out the auto mode. What is happening ? I have already replaced the mushroom head but it has not improved. I am still running around the machine to start it at the front then dashing to the back to do my panto. It may be an effective way to keep the kilos down but sure gets frustrating . Any ideas for my next move ? sorry to take up so much space but once I start it is hard to stop. A bit like my quilting really !! Cheers and thanks in advance for any suggestions

• 1 year later...

Can anyone help?

I was happily quilting along and a huge noise stated in the motor/belt region of my Millie. My machine is only 7 months old. My DH said it sounded like a belt or bearing or brushes in the motor????

I hear very loud squeaking and some clunking.

I'm sick since I have a customer's quilt on the machine that half done, it's Saturday and APQS is closed. My customer is expecting her quilt back in the early part of the week.

Oh my, I'm trying to take deep breaths and not freak. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Or does anyone know what is happening to my machine ...........appreciate any advice.

Kate Meyers

Archived