Wilcox and Gibbs

I just got this beauty via Craigslist for a steal!!!

It seems to have a foot pedal issue (no power), but if I plug the motor into the wall directly, it works fine. Does anyone know if there is an on/off switch of some sort. The manual that came with it is actually the one for the treadle model.

It is so cute and I am so happy!

post--13461900357392_thumb.jpg

Rita, thanks for the link.

Mary Beth, I plugged it correctly...motor to foot pedal, foot pedal to wall, but got no power. to check, I just plugged the motor into the wall, at it ran fine. So, I'm guessing foot pedal problem, unless there is a switch or something I don't see. I took the foot pedal apart a bit, just to see if something was loose or not attached.

Any ideas? I know it should be an easy fix.

Thanks!

I just receive mine Friday. I got it acouple of weeks ago on ebay. I haven't tried to plug it in or use it yet. My DM is playing with it! I showed it to her as I was unpacking it and she kidnapped it! That's fine as long as she shows me how to use it when she's through. She drove herself to church today, her first time driving since she had the stroke at the end of January. There will be no stopping her now!

post--13461900357473_thumb.jpg

Tina,

I looked at my foot pedal and...it just looks like a foot pedal to me. I do have a manual that came with the machine, however it is for a tredle not electric. I found some webshots of the W&G when I was researching machines. You might go there and email one of those individual who are collectors and see what they think. I did that and everyone who collects are eager to talk about these little beauties. Of you could try ebay and just purcahse another foot pedal.

Archived