Asian Applique Quilt - Finally Finished!!

Thanks all for the kind compliments!! My customer saw pictures of the quilt last night and loved it!!

This quilt terrified me because I haven't done a lot of applique quilts and outlining applique is not my favorite thing to do. However, I'm definitely more comfortable with it now and that skill has definitely improved after this quilt. I don't think you can see in the pictures, but some of the applique has embriodery around the edges of it. Not only does it give a really nice finish to the applique motif, it was really nice to outline because the stitching hides under the embroidery. :D

I'm still not sure about putting it in MQS or MQX because there are a few places that you can see gold mettalic dots on the back of the quilt when the light hits it. The tension feels ok, so Im thinking that it's just the gold showing through the hole from the 4.0 needle. I'm hoping the holes will close up after the quilt is blocked and you won't see the dots anymore.

Debbi

Originally posted by dtreusch

I'm still not sure about putting it in MQS or MQX because there are a few places that you can see gold mettalic dots on the back of the quilt when the light hits it. The tension feels ok, so Im thinking that it's just the gold showing through the hole from the 4.0 needle. I'm hoping the holes will close up after the quilt is blocked and you won't see the dots anymore.

Debbi

Let me encourage you to think seriously about showing this quilt. It would be such an inspiration to everyone to get to see it up close and in person. If there are gold threads showing on the back, so what? A necessary flaw sometimes adds character. Since it's on the back I'm SURE it won't be a distraction from your lovely work on the front. ;)

Debbi, I agree with Bonnie Russell; this quilt has to be seen and drooled on (I mean drooled at) by those who appreciate the art of quilting.

Remember our time at MQS last May spending three days with the judges? It would be a shame if this quilt was not availble for us to see. The judges would love to see a quilt like this. Take that back: The judges would love to see any quilt. They really loved them all! :)

Again, so proud of you, my friend Debbi. You are so awesome!

Archived