This is a scam, isn't it?

Yes, this is a scam. It was discussed in some quilt publication a while back. I forget the details, but it was about getting money. Anyhow, the receiver is, of course, flattered, but that is the intention, the bait. There is always a request for money up front.

As someone said, the French know how to cook and also how to quilt.

One should equally be concerned when there is a want ad in a small town newspaper advertising a plum job for a young girl in a distant big city (like live-in care for an elderly parent for $3,000 a month). It is a ruse for getting a vulnerable young girl away from all support systems for nefarious purposes, sometimes even murder. One should have asked - are there no young girls available for this position in the big city?

Oh, I am almost absolutely positively sure that it is a federal offense to "borrow" the REAL Rear Admiral Ronald Henderson's good name and use it in disguise as a scam to rip off innocent people. I sure hope the US Navy investigates this and gets so the bottom of it and catches these slimy clever crooks.

Unfortunately, Rear Admiral Ronald Henderson, who is completely innocent, has now become a victim of Identity Theft!

Archived