Baby Blocks for Mary Beth's daughter Jen

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renae Gamel from Nebraska sent these darling embroidered blocks and I'll use them in Jessica's quilt since I had just sent the finished top to Jen's quilt off to Linda Rech in Olympia, WA for the quilting.

So Mary Beth, even though one of Renae's darling blocks won't be in Jen's quilt. She did make a wonderful gift to you. We did need a couple more blocks for Jessica's quilt, so this is going to work out really well.

I have started April's daughter Jessica's quilt and hope to get it done this week and shall post a picture on her thread.

Happy quilting.

Vicki

post--13461898217589_thumb.jpg

That is just too cute. You all just don't know what this means to me and to Jennifer. I am emailing her the pictue right now.

We find out on Thursday what we are having and any other info the doctor can share at that time. Jen has an arm load of questions for him. I'll keep you all posted. Thursday is my birthday, so think pink oon Thursday!! ;)

Vicki and Everyone,

You did a great job putting the quilt together and the blocks from everyone are fantastic. This is such a wonderful thing to do, and I'm so happy I was able to participate and contribute to this group project. I will look forward to seeing the pictures after Linda quilts it, and especially the pictures (I hope) Mary Beth sends us of her daughter receiving the quilt.

Now, we all need to say a prayer that all goes well on Thursday at the doctor's appointment Mary Beth mentioned in her post. This is exciting...it's like expecting an on-line grandchild for all of us. (OK, maybe I shouldn't have had that second glass of wine tonight:)

Take care,

Sandy

Jessica's quilt top is finished and I'm sending it off to Linda Rech today. I'll post this photo on April's thread too. Great job everybody.

Renae Gamel had sent a gift of two blocks, one for Jennifer's quilt, the ABC block. Since the quilt had already left for Linda's house, I put it into this quilt along with the cute baby pins she embroidered. So Mary Beth, please include Renae in your gratitude.

The blue strips match the blue minky backing so I think this is going to be really cute.

Vicki

An update for the troops---

Linda Rech here-- I've had a difficult two weeks at my day job and loaded Jen's top two days ago.

I started it last night and a wonderful calm descended as I started stitching on this creation.

Not to be too sappy, but I thought of each of you as I stitched each block and also thought of Jen, MB and the new baby.

It has been wonderful and I hope to finish and bind by the weekend. Just wanted to share. I'll post lots of photos when it's finished.

Jessica's top should be here tomorrow and I will keep you updated. Thanks!

Linda R

Linda,

I have tears in my eyes. I know how difficult it is to juggle a day job and then add this kind of resposibility. Sometimes it can be very difficult. Thank you so much for the work you and all of the other ladies have done and are doing on these special quilts. It is just amazing to see all of these wonderful people, from all over the world, coming together like this for these two babies.

Jen was at our house for a time yesterday in the evening. I showed her some of the posts and she would say, "do you know her?" Several times she asked me that question. Sometimes I could say that I had met the person, but for the most part I just kept saying that I did not...she would just shake her head in unbelief. We are truly blessed to "know" you all!!

Mary Beth

Mary Beth I'm not sure I totally agree with you....Maybe its us that are totally blessed by having you in our lives. People come and go from us for a reason...some take years to see that, but for the more part its just a simple hi and a smile...and then there are times when its a major lesson learned, like a divorce, a well needed hug, or just a blessed friendship that will last for a very long time.:P

I just think it was our time and we all needed each other for some reason...

Isn't it interesting (and wonderful) that most of us here have never met in person, yet there is this place where we have found each other and connected through the airwaves and we have built unique friendships that are warm, welcoming, supportive, etc. There is truly something special about people who are quilters; so giving and caring and willing to share. I really do love you all! :)

God bless Jessica, Jennifer, and their babies to come. May these little quilts keep them safe and warm, snugly wrapped around them like a big hug from all of us.

Oh Mary Beth, I could feel tears coming as I read your post. You are so sweet, and that's what's bringing all this to be, you know. We just don't want anyone here to be hurting over their kids, or their kids to be hurting. So we'd do just about anything to help, anything at all. We feel grateful to have the opportunity to share what we have so much of with someone as special as you and April and your girls. I second what Shana said - God bless you and the girls and those precious babies coming soon!

Hey everybody----

The Precious Yellow quilt is finished and ready to ship tomorrow!

As a courtesy to Jen and Mary Beth, I will post photos after the presentation.

I hope everybody who joined in has the "warm fuzzies" cuz I know I do!!

Off to finish a customer quilt so I can load the Precious Blue quilt. Happy Fourth of July to everyone!!

Linda Rech

• 2 weeks later...

Linda & Vicki:

I received the quilt for Jen. It's absolutely precious!!! You and Vicki did such a wonderful job on it!! Mary Beth is finding out from Jen when I can present it to her from all of you great ladies! I'll post pics when she gets it.

Ladies...you are killing me here....I have about 10 minutes of patients and have already chewed off all my finger nails...have pitty...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...;):P Okay if I MUST.....I will wait, but man its hurting me big time.:P

Archived