Micro Drive Gadget

Hey Everyone,

I'm finally getting around to trying some micro stippling and even though I think I would love the micro drivers it's just not in the budget so, I found this gadget at IMQA from The Quilter's Rule. When I bought it from them I asked if I wasn't happy if I could return it and they rudely said "no." Thankfully it didn't cost too much. So, I'll just inform everyone I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe some of you have had better luck but, for me, it doesn't run smoothly over the top and it is tuff to get on. My advice - as I'm doing today is just keep practicing. I have taken off the stitch regulator (don't think I've really ever quilted without it) and I put my hands up on the top side close to the light. Not as mini as I would like them - yet - but they are presentable.

post--13461900495142_thumb.jpg

I bought one also, just got it, and it didn't really seem to work too well.

I also have the microdrivers, but on the Lennie, because of where the light is I think, they are very very low - almost too low. They work OK except they are so low that the thread tails when you're starting and before you'd had a chance to cut them, can get caught under them, so I thought I'd give this other solution a try. I'll probably just mostly use the microdrives if I'm doing something where I really need it.

Sally and others who have this gadget.. you can try using a file from hubbys tools to round the bottom edges off, so they will ride up and over a seam and not catch on it.. I think I would also use one hand on the guide and one on the machine. Be sure to finish with a fine file or emery cloth to smoothe it all off.

Good Luck, RitaR

Archived