A quilt I made just for ME

Hi All,

Happy New Year. I am attaching pictures of a quilt I made just for ME. I've been so busy doing other stuff for other people, but decided to finish this up. It is a wallhanging that I started at the Phil Beaver workshop in French Lick in October.

I did all machine applique using only my longarm (another new thing I've tried this month). I'm pretty happy with the results, only I had a terrible time with fraying edges (maybe I need a finer needle) and tension problems as usual.

It's a shame the tension messed up because the back is awesome looking (if you overlook the thread tangles and color pokies).

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Let me know what you think.

Teresa

P.S. Claudia, you were my inspiration to get this done. I just freehanded the veins in the leaves and the rooster feathers.

OOPS- The chicken and rooster will have black bead eyes- not sewn on yet, so they look kind of goofy.

post--13461897733618_thumb.jpg

...Teresa! It?s wooooooonderful!:D

Your application and quilting is greaaaaaaat! You?ve done, what I would have done too! I love to play with the "language " the quilt speaks to me! Sorry - I can?t describe it in another way - my english, you know?;)

I feel ashamed and proud that I should be an inspiration for you - you don?t need!:cool:

Have a great day...

Best wishes from over the ocean....

Claudia

Guest Linda S

Wowee Teresa! That is fabulous! I've always liked Phil Beaver's stuff and it looks like you learned the technique from him well. Your quilting on that is gorgeous. Way to go!

Linda

Oh Cheryl and everyone else.

Thanks for the compliments, but it is definitely not good enough for a show. I plan to make another one, similar to this. I know now what to do and not to do to make it better.

One thing I plan to do on the next one is match the bobbin thread color to the top thread while still using the white background. That will give me a 2 sided quilt.

I also hope to get my tension issues under control whenever I switch threads.

I am going to order some 3.0 needles to hopefully cut down on the fraying edges on the applique pieces.

Also, in looking at it from a distance, some of my colors are too close together so the next batch of fabric I create will have some intense variations in colors.

These are all little things I am learning. The more I practice, the more I learn; just like you all tried to tell me in June when I first got the machine.

Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Teresa

Archived