thread color

peglu

Okay. Thanks all. That is how I started it. Can't see to many boo boo's, but it is harder to keep track of where I am going and where I have been. Continue to PPP and hopefully it will become more natural.

And Heidi, if my stuff looked like yours up close, I would be exstatic (sp). You are too hard on yourself. I didn't get the pics I wanted of the blue trapunto. Could you email me some?

Peg,

Sometimes it's hard to see where you've stitched, especially when matching thread to a busy background. I've found that if I turn off the light on my head (and overhead lights), then point a clamp-light from the side, it's a little easier to see the texture of the stitching I've already done - then I don't go back over it - at least not tooooo often!;)

That's great advice, Barb. :)

When I use matchy-matchy thread, I just lose where I had already quilted. Grr. :o

Just turning off the room lights and overhead light rack helps some but not enough.

When I take a photo of the finished quilt, I always use a clamp side-light to feature the quilting . The side lighting casts more shadows and shows off your stitching. I had never thought of clamping it to my machine.

Thanks, Barb.;)

Originally posted by peglu

Okay. Thanks all. That is how I started it. Can't see to many boo boo's, but it is harder to keep track of where I am going and where I have been. Continue to PPP and hopefully it will become more natural.

And Heidi, if my stuff looked like yours up close, I would be exstatic (sp). You are too hard on yourself. I didn't get the pics I wanted of the blue trapunto. Could you email me some?

Thanks Peg. I can do pretty good with it marked but my freehand?...obviously you weren't looking too closely. Yes I am always very critical of myself though! LOL I can get you some pictures if you want but you can get them from my post too. http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=9411&page=1#pid83564 Thanks for the nice comments! You are a sweet person.

I've found something better than the clamp lights: a pair of inexpensive desk lights. They were on sale at Fred Meyers for $8 each. I put a floodlight bulb in each one - I know they're only rated for 60 watt, but the bulbs are only on for a short time and then cool off. As you can see from the photo, they sit nicely on the table (just don't push your head to the end too quickly!). I've got one at each end of the table - by the time I've lost the texture from one light, the other one is casting shadows the other direction. For the queen-size quilt I'm doing right now, they're doing the trick!

post--13461900615883_thumb.jpg

Archived