Singer Featherweight

I have 3 featherweights myself. Two are white, one is the original beige. My beige FW gets lots of compliments. I love them all. I use my white more than any other machine at all day quilt-a-thons. I actually sanded down one of the white machines (it was badly scrathced), and am impatiently awaiting my husband to paint it. I thought it would cool to have him do it as my kids would appreciate it when they get older. He has been busy to date, but did just buy me a Green Millennium system....so I can't fault him for not painting my FW!!

How cute are those machines! I bought a great one off e-bay last year. Then a friend of mine gave me another old singer that's in a small cabinet. Love them both. The portable is in good shape so I didn't think of painting it. The paint on the other one is good, too. It just needs an overhaul to make sure she's good to go. I love taking my featherweight to classes. Everyone always comments on it. It was in the original case with all the accessories. The only thing missing was the key. I found one of them on e-bay, too! The nice thing is Singer still has all the parts and there are a lot of places that service them. Wow, something older than me that still works perfectly:P I wouldn't call it a "featherweight" though! The case weighs much more than my Elna!

Archived