Camp Mowana class by Jessica

Hi Jessica. I can't say how hard it is to get a good photo of what the pieces are composed of with the organza on top.

This tree skirt has Unfortunately, a batik background.. not a good idea unless theres a lot more contrast. In person it looks like smudges all over it.

The snowflakes were cut out of muslin, the trees are green holgram or holgraph, don't know which.. but the shinny stuff from diff angles.. I tried sort of a seaweed or coral fan pattern, free hand, with feathers around the middle and down the openings. Some worked out well, some didn't.

I am putting a false back on this and doing an easy turn.. I just don't like the back.. thought I would and don't.

I am improving on the feathers, until I get about 2/3s of the way up one spine, then theres a booboo.. my goal is one 10" bumpbump feather with no errors, this week..

This really is a fun technique and ladies, it must be organza. Make sure you know what it is before you buy it.. I was told 2 pieces I bought were organza and they totally disappear as an overlay. They were, I found out, illusion veiling.

Jessica had some terrific pieces of multi colored organza, from rainbows to halloween orange and black to solids.. All we can find, all they've ever heard of in Joanns and Hancocks here, are solids.. sort of discouraging.

Anyway, Thank you Jessica, and DeLoa, and Jodi, and Dave, and Sue and Myrna and Jamie, and I'm sure I must have missed someone.Did I hear that Sandy from LA also taught a class? . We had a ball and learned a lot of fun, as well as very helpful things.

You've no idea how much fun I had nor how much I appreciate each and every one of you. Thanks Jessie for this technique.

Happy, Safe, healthy and enjoyable Holidays to the best.

RitaR

Rita R

post--13461900649736_thumb.jpg

Jeanne, sorry but the skirt will be gone this Sat. It is a contest within our guild for some Community Service need.. It's just fun making something different.. You are right Heidi and Michele.. it's a combo. Brain burps on this end of things.. Sorry Jodi, didn't mean to leave you out.

I'd like one for us, but not sure what just yet. Would love to have you visit.. Jeanne, and prayers are continuing for all the guys and gals over there. A friend of ours is due to rotate home the very end of Nov. he runs convoys from one country to another.

Rita

Sorry Jessica I didn't go back to my notes to make sure who taught this.. Both of you had a hand in it.. and I AM having a ball. Feathers slowly improving.. all I get to do today is pine needles and palmetto leaves.. lol far cry from camp classes.. lolol. Still they have to be done.

RitaR

Archived