Head on collision Christmas night - We're Home!!

Hi all. We got home this morning. Home has never looked so good!!:D

It was a long and tough drive. It was difficult for all of us to be on the road for so long. Physically and emotionally. What should have taken about 11 hours, took 16 hours. Not something I want to do again any time soon. We had to stop a lot just to rest, stretch and walk around. We switched seats a lot to try and stay comfortable but it didn't help much. I was hurting quite a bit by time we got home. Now I can just take it easy and rest. Hopefully I'll get back to work on Friday or next Monday.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes!!

Debbi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all. I had to go back to the doc this afternoon for a checkup. My left side was still hurting quite a bit. The doc said that in addition to my ribs getting bruised the area around my left kidney has a deep bruise and is causing a lot of pain. He did some tests and said the kidney is fine. Gave me some pain meds and something to help with sleeping and said to take it easy through the weekend.

I was hoping to get back to quilting this weekend, but it may have to wait a few more days. It's been over 2 weeks and I'm having withdrawals!! :P:P I planned to get my wholecloth on my machine when I got back, but it's going to have to wait a few more days. On the other hand, this might be a good time to sit back and do some more design work on my japanese taupe quilt or something else for MQS :P:P

My stepdad is doing better. He is trying to get the police report to see if there is anything about speeding or drinking in the report. He may decide to fight the citation if there is anything in the police report. If not, I think he is going to just let it go. He got some good news from the insurance today regarding a settlement on the van, so that helped to bring his spirits up a little bit.

Later,

Debbi

Archived