Ran out of thread

Would you believe I was almost finished with this quilt, like I had four inches left, when I ran out of top thread! ! ! (The bobbin thread was different.)

Fortunately it is a baby quilt that I made, and it was a very light thread, so I was able to use white to finish it. But wouldn't I have been unhappy if I had had to send for and wait for an entire cone of thread because I needed four inches! ! !

Who else but you quilters could I tell this to who would find it the least bit interesting? ? ?

Hate when I do that......and yes I have had to wait or was cleaver enough to know I was short so I used something I could get at Midnight at Walmart should I run out.....:P the night time greeter at Walmart got to know me by my first name...and then even told me I should apply for a job I was there so much.;):P;)

Ha! :P This exact same thing happened to me yesterday! Needed about 10 more inches of top thread. Lucky for me it was a baby quilt I made for a friend so I just used a similar color, finished the corner and even I couldn't tell the difference with very busy fabrics so the quilting really didn't show. Oh, and I also ran out of bobbin thread. :D And, I was having thread breaking issues in the beginning until I tamed the tension... Sheesh! I thought it would be one of those quick "git er duns" but ...noo... It was the baby quilt from hell. I would have had plenty of top thread if not for all the trouble in the beginning. It's a good thing that the baby is an angel. :) He's a real sweetie.

Yup, I've been there too. On the other hand I've also had the opposite. I finished with just enough thread to be in the tension disks. I guess over time it evens out. The time I ran out I posted on the UK quilt list and had the thread next day. Quilters are great at helping.

Ferret

Archived