Edgeriders Wheels and the Hartley Fence?

Love my wheels & yes I did notice a difference - a big difference. The head moves smoother and is much easier to handle!!

When I installed - I measured from the table to the carriage - adjusted the washers to keep everything the same height. I was mostly concerned with my CL. Note that they do not supply many washers - be sure to incorporate the original washers that are on you machine now. If you have questions, call Barb/Mike Mayfield. They helped me a lot - Mike even sent pictures!

No - but when I put the CL on, I did some tinkering. The wheels are easy to install, but getting the washers just right for each of the wheels takes a bit of time - I think it took us about 4 hours, but if we had looked at the washer situation more carefully to begin with, it would have gone quicker. Also, the bolt that APQS had put on the back right lower wheel was too short to add the washers and wheel. We had to take it all apart (carefully!!!) and put in a longer bolt. It was a pain. Once all the wheels are on, you will have to take the time to realign everything for the smoothest ride - just like when you got your baby to begin with.

Kristina,

Since the edgerider wheels add height to the carriage, your Hartley Fence arm (that attaches to the sewing head) will be a bit too high for the pin or straight edge wheel to drop into the guides.

If you look carefully at your circle part of the fence, you should find that the "center" nut screws into a coupling below the circle part. Put one wrench on the coupling, and the other on the bolt going through the circle part. You should be able to "screw out" the bolt to make the circle part higher.

Let us know if you have trouble.

Archived