Longarm guilds

QUILTMAAMA

We have a NC longarm guild and it is growing rapidly. If you can't find a group in New York State - start your own! Our group meets quarterly and shares tips, techniques, lunch, business meeting, etc. In fact, we had our first la quilt show last year. It was very successful. Some other groups from other areas of the country will list on this forum when they are meeting.

I heard the APQS classes in Iowa are wonderful! Dawn C. is awesome and always gives such great advice, training and techniques.

There is a long arm group in Southeastern Michigan that meets but in addition, there are 8 of us that have what we call a mini long arm group that try and get together every other month.

We have capped it a 8 not because we are trying to be elitest but because of limited space. I am in a condo and parking is at a premium to say the least. For me to try and have more people over would be impossible.

When we get together, a good time is had by all. And the different machines represented is great also. We have 2 Gammills, 2 A1's, 2 Millies and 1 Liberty. We also have one person who doesn't own a machine at all but is one of the other's best customer. Honorary member? LOL

Try getting together with any long armers close to you, you won't regret it. My mini group is a great resource and have become great friends also. I love them all to death.

Hi Debbie.

Just this past summer I started a longarm group in the north west corner of New Jersey. We have quilters from NJ, NY and Pa. Maybe you'd like to join us for our next meeting...March 1st in Lafayette, NJ.

We are pretty informal and charge no dues. We talk about tools, techniques, business, watch the newest DVDs, and have great show-and-tells. We will be scheduling instructors later this year.

Send me an email if your interested...we are open to all longarm quilters!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW New Jersey

Originally posted by QUILTMAAMA

Hi, I live about 10 miles southwest of Albany New York and would love to get together with other longarm users. I am quite new at this but would love to learn.

Thanks

Your between me and Heidi....U2U me with your telephone number and maybe we the three of us and several more can get together like Heido stated and get something moving.....up here....nothing personal Lisa, but its just to far for me to come down to NJ.....

• 1 month later...

I see that Myrna answered this post and I have to tell you that I received her DVDs on beginning long arm quilting just last week and they are absolutely wonderful! My husband even watched it with me (I wanted to see it on our TV first) and he was so impressed with Myrna's easy approach to everything. I would definitely recommend that you get this DVD set to get you going :) She illustrates quilting off a pantograph plus a whole lot more. I haven't done much posting yet but it was while cruisin' thru these forums that I learned about Myrna's DVDs. There is a wealth of information here from a lot of talented, wonderful quilters who do not mind sharing their knowledge. Happy quilting to you!

Archived