Customer service

Kelly

If there is anyone out there that could possibly help me with a tech support question, I would love to hear from them. It's a problem with my top thread getting pulled down into my bobbin area and cutting off and restarting leaving a huge mess underneath. I called tech support over 2 hours ago, but apparently are too busy to help me. This happens EVERY time I call them. Mind you, I bought my machine in 2004. I am so frustrated by this. Last fall, my machine was lost in transit somewhere between the DM office and Carroll. Was gone for 2 1/2 weeks. I have had a couple of instances where my phone calls were never returned. Now, I am a little gun shy. Somebody please help me!! I would gladly send a phone number to talk to someone in person.

Kelly

Millie

Wow, after I posted this Kristi called from the service department. It seems that Amy is swamped and couldn't keep up with the calls. Seems like it is a hook retaining finger problem. Mine was just replaced last fall, along with almost everything else, including two new motors in 8 weeks. Amy has to okay a new one to be sent, free of charge. Seems to me that if it was replaced and the year of warranty is left that the part shouldn't be in question. Maybe Kristi is just covering her behind. I'll be sure to keep updates going. Wish me luck.

Kelly

Hi Kelly

I'm sure Christi is spot on in diagnosing a hook retaining finger issue. My guess is that Amy will guide you through adjusting the hook retaining finger and you won't need a new one at all. Sometimes this finger can shift if you have jammed the needle by going over really thick seems, using a smaller needle and the needle has deflected in the hook assembly.

You can have a go at adjusting the hook retaining finger yourself before she calls if you like, the instructions are in your manual and the only tool you will need is a Phillips head screwdriver -No.2 I think..

Good luck

Sue in Australia

• 2 months later...

Oh Please Help,

I am a real need to get this quilt done , I know thats what we all say....

I loaded my quilt and was just getting started to Quilt , then the machine turned off all by it's self??

I put a new fuse in it, but nothing. Can some one help me , Please......

I work out of the house till about 1:30 in the afternoon, but i really need some help to get this machine back up and running.

I will have my phone with me so if you can call ,I'll gett the call.

Thank you Marylyn

Oh Please Help,

I am a real need to get this quilt done , I know thats what we all say....

I loaded my quilt and was just getting started to Quilt , then the machine turned off all by it's self??

I put a new fuse in it, but nothing. Can some one help me , Please......

I work out of the house till about 1:30 in the afternoon, but i really need some help to get this machine back up and running.

I will have my phone with me so if you can call ,I'll gett the call.

970-257-0090

Thank you Marylyn

You've replaced the fuse - that's a good first step. Are there any lights lit, or is it just dark? You've checked your power strip/surge protector?

BTW, you'll probably get more response if you start a new "topic" - some of the experts on the chat may not read this one first off. Just click on "topic" just below this reply, and head it something like "Help - my machine stopped running!" - that should catch their eyes! Be sure to describe all the symptoms you can - and everything (like checking the power to the machine) that you've done up till now.

If I think of anything that can help, I'll be sure to let you know. Have you tried calling the rep that helped you purchase your machine?

Archived