Can you look at this pic and help me?

I was quilting this morning when I noticed some dark gray liquid goozing out of the hole where the L-shaped guide is attached. I will attach a pic. The machine seems to be running fine at this point but I don't want to do any more until I figure this out.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Laura

post--13461901168352_thumb.jpg

Laura,

Even without a picture, my first suggestion is that you call the service techs at APQS. They are super at figuring out just what's happening with our babies, even over the phone. It's probably nothing (extra oil mixed with lint oozing out of somewhere, maybe?), but they'll be able to tell you what it is, what you should do now, and what to do to keep it from happening again.

Yup, looks like excess oil to me!;)

You will probably need to remove the panel on the opposite side of the head, wipe out the excess oil, then replace the panel -- and maybe go a little lighter on the oiling in the future! You don't want that goop dripping on your nice quilts.

Best thing to do: call your Rep or Service at APQS, have them walk you through the process of cleaning up the excess, then give you the guidelines for oiling. Too much oil can't hurt our babies, but it sure can make a mess!

I agree with Barb. It looks like excess oil. How much are you oiling the machine. It does not need it everyday, except for the bobbin race.

Before oiling your machine touch each wick and if your finger comes off wet, you don't oil that wick. Test each wick and only oil when your finger is dry.

Archived