templates

eula

do you number the template designs like on the diagram in the directions? i was thinking of marking the template with a permanent marker F1, F2, etc. so it would be less confusing to me. i'm playing tonite...does the template sometimes slide on you while you are stitching? i'm stitching a gingko flower & my template slips a little. i'm brand new at this so suggestions would be appreciated. also, i did one of the feather wreaths & when i backtrack i'm not always on the same line(of course, i wasn't able to stay on track before cl). in any case, the feather wreath that i did is so much better than any previous attempts without cl & i'm pretty tickled with the 1st one i did. i already love my cl & will be getting more templates in the future. the baptist fan is a piece of cake. makes me look like i've been quilting for at least 6 mos. :D:D:D

michael just emailed me & i just saw the previous post about staying on the same side of the template when backstitching. so never mind! i know that i will get better with a little practice. i highly recommend circle lord. i have been so intimidated by my millie & feel like the circle lord will give me enough confidence to try some other things.:D;):P

Hi Eula,

I've marked my templates and it makes it all a lot clearer! As for the templates moving, when possible I use my left hand to steady the template and go gently. My backtracking on the feather wreaths is not all that I want it to be either. I do try to follow the left side of the groove. I hope that makes sense, I'm not very good at describing stuff so hopefully someone else will chime in!

Will say that I love my CL, Swirls is my fave.

cheers

thanks satu. i marked my templates so i wouldn't have to keep looking at the picture. i suppose i will need to do a 2nd feather wreath before expecting perfection:P i have the spiral template & love it. i don't have the swirls yet! i am very happy with my cl and glad i made the purchase. i haven't had my millie very long so the cl is really helping me out.

I used the feather wreaths on one of my quilts and discovered I wasn't being gentle enough. Now I also put my left hand on the template and try to be gentler and it works a whole lot better. I have my templates marked too. I really like the small feather wreath template. They look beautiful in quilt blocks.

Pamela

To keep my rulers from moving I use this stuff

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(gp3bu455dunlfl5551lhde55)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=6037451

I bought mine from Donita Reeve at www.lovetoquilt.com so I didn't have to buy so much. It's clear so I can still see thru my ruler. Just a little snip will do spread out on the ruler. Too much and it's hard to move when you need to.

Love this stuff.

On Donita's site go to supplies and this is what she calls it.

Grip Strip for Longarm Quilting Rulers and Guides

I bought it from her so I didn't have to buy 20 or 40 feet, or whatever, like I'd have to from Ace. I bought 3 feet and it's lasted for 4 yrs. I just use little snips of it at a time.

Hope that helps.

Archived