What a Newbie Needs??

Hi Ann,

Yes! I'll take them. I emailed you!

Myrna, I am honored to have you post to my question. I've only watched your little 2.5 minutes teasers for the dvds, oh, maybe 10 times each! Love your voice, AND your style! I' will be ordering those too!

Thanks to everyone who gave me lots of really good advice, and made DH happier to know I won't be spending another $2000. on tools and gadgets!! At least, not right away! (shhh, don't tell him I may spend MORE later)

Hi Linnea! How are you hanging in there while you wait?:D I have one of those centered tape measures , but I never use it. also bought about $100 worth of pantos. but I have only used one, one time. I like to do free hand stuff better. I don't have an extra bobbin case, haven't found the need for it yet. I did use cheap batting for my practice. I bought a bolt of 120'' muslin with my 40% coupon at jo ann fabrics. When I practice, I also use cheap cone thread. In bobbin and top. My Millie seems to like any kind of thread! This is a good thing!:) I second and third the idea to get Ann's darlene epps books....They are great! and that's a good price! Also, get Myrna's beginners video!! IT WILL HELP YOU THE MOST!! The way she puts a quilt on the frame is the EASIEST!!! Have fun!! linda

I just read your posting plus all the replies. Wanted to tell you about the base plate I just received from Off the Edge. It just slips on around the hopping foot and has a latch plate which snaps the whole thing on to make it sturdy. It is the same price as the one APQS sells and is acrylic. I like the fact that I did not have to remove the needle plate to use this "stable table". They make the tables "on demand" and ask that you let them know if you have the thread cutter. I have had my "millie" for less than a year and am looking forward to the addition of the stable table. Have fun!:D

Archived