Installing Edgerider wheels

Blue Lily Quilting

The way I did it was to undo the tiny nut so it is not attached at that point. Then I undid the large hexigon type nut and the silver barrel at the left slips out of the "frame". If you are trying to undo the "screws" that hold the short aluminium bar to the top bar, I couldn't and it looks like it is wedged tightly into the slot.

Hope this helps. Sorry the picture is a little blurry.

post--13461901269859_thumb.jpg

Hi Lesley

Not sure if you've thought of this, when you replace the usual wheels with Edgeriders, you are raising the height of the carriage above the table This means that the bolt that goes into the horizontal block for your CQ will not be long enough. You can order a replacement from Butch at SD Stitches or you can get a longer bolt (without the wingnut handle) from an autoparts shop and add spacers - this will do as a short term replacement.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Hi Girls,

My Millie will be here Friday, and I ordered the edgerider wheels from Kingsmen; but they are out of stock. Bummer. They don't even know when they WILL have them.

At Kingsmen, for those of us in the USA, they were $160.

Looking forward to playing with my new m-m-m-m-millie!

ooohh,:o I forgot, I have to get hubby to help me set it up FIRST!!:P:P

** Just a quick note** When you purchase the edgerider wheels...they give you 2 longer bolts!! Remember, those 2 go to replace the bolts for the stitch regulator AND the channel lock wheel. I'd double check that you didn't use those 2 on some other wheels on your machine!

How do I know this? Because I am ANAL! When I open a package, I sort EVERYTHING OUT!!! I know...I know....I get crap from my family ALL the time for doing that!!

Archived