Thin Metal Band Around Right Front Wheel

celia

Hi,

Can somebody please help. I was cleaning my machine and noticed lots of thread wrapped around the wheels. I started cutting threads with a seam ripper and pulling them out and all of a sudden a thin metal band (cut in half) popped out of the right front wheel. Is this necessary to use the machine? (I have a sinking feeling that it is or it would not have been there in the first place). Does this mean I need a new set of wheels?

Thanks for your response Barbara. I have been calling all morning but all circuits are busy is the only response that I get. Wouldn't you just know it, I promised a customer that she would have her quilt tomorrow---lesson learned "don't count your chickens before they are hatched"!!!!!!!!!!!

Celia,

I just tried calling the APQS 800# - got right through. Sorry you couldn't.....

In the meantime, I've gone down and looked at my wheels, both the EdgeRiders that are now on my Millie, and the black ones I removed. I don't see any "metal bands" that would have come loose just from cutting threads. Is it possible for you to take a digital photo and post it, so we can see what you're dealing with? It may be okay for you to quilt, but hard to say without seeing it.

Good luck!

Celia:

If the metal band has printing on it, I think it is the cir-clip that holds the bearing in the middle of the wheel. If you take the wheel off you should be able to replace the clip using very small screwdriver. If you have horizontal wheels as long as the bottom clip is there your bearing will not fall out.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Archived