DeLoas' appligude Update

Hey! I took a class from DeLoa at Quilting With Machines last October in Columbiana, Ohio. She's the person that made the light bulb click for me on how to make feathers!! Before her, I could not even draw those suckers!!

As soon as I get some more practice in, I will be ordering an Appliguide. We watched her use it in class and it totally rocks!!!:D:D:D

Thanks again DeLoa! Can't wait to see you at MQS!

HAHAHAHA You are FUNNY, Stephanie!!

DeLoa said "merge onto the freeway"! When you swing around to come back to the spine just pretend you are merging onto the freeway. And my brain went bright light!! I know how to drive, and I guess it is like swinging the steering wheel. Whoa girl! Slow down!

As soon as she said that I could actually draw them, and then quilt them.

Good luck, keep feathering the nest!!:D:D:D

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

DeLoa said "merge onto the freeway"! When you swing around to come back to the spine just pretend you are merging onto the freeway.

:P OK that's a cute analogy.

So, to do feathers, you merge onto the freeway and then you immediately take the next exit ramp. Then you merge onto the freeway (again) and then you immediately take the next exit ramp. Then you merge onto the freeway (again) and then you immediately take the next exit ramp. OK I get it! :P Then when you get to the end of the freeway, you take the express lane back to where you started and start merging on the other side.

What a bunch of crazy drivers! But you get good feathers this way, eh? ;) ;) ;)

Archived