Mary Beth

Hi Mary Beth,

My machine came with the Hartley Fence. I had to take Myrna Ficken's

class in Salt Lake to figure it out though - I was terrified of it. Now I

know how easy it is t use it.

I have 2 sets of stencils #6 which include

concentric rope pieces and one that Myrna calls LIPS. It can be lips, a fish,

a radish, a Christmas tree ornament. That is what is so great about the

HF, you just let your imagination take you. My other set 3 diferent sizes of hearts and 3 different sizes of butterflies. My fence adapter

But wait, Hartley Fence just came out with a larger adapter and stencils

that Myrna previewed in Salt Lake Cty. This adapter holds 12" stencils.

I just ordered the new adapter and a set of stencils which includes one

called spinning star - it looks like a 4-bladed propeller in motion - it would

look great in a 9-patch or friendship star. Check with Myrna Ficken,

she carries all the HF stuff.

http://www.aquilterschoice.com/products.htm

Hi, I did introduce new large cookie cutter stencils and adapter. They are way cool. I am waiting for the art work to put on my website. The new adaprer will also allow you to use your small cookie cutters. I will post as soon as I have them, which shoud be in the next week or so.

Myrna

Okay, are the stencil easy to use. Last year at MQS, I attended the HF class hoping they could show me how to use the HF with ease;) They had a hard time, nothing worked:(. I really think that was because they only had a short time to set everything up, (load the fabric, etc), then demo the HF and it worked for them like it has for me, not well. The class helped somewhat, and I had a better understanding, even though I don't think they completed a circle. Plus someone gave step-by-step directions here on this web site and that was huge. I plan to purchase Myra's book, it's on my wish list, I'm sure that will help. I just haven't got my moneys worth out of the fence and didn't want to put more money in it if I wouldn't use it. I thought if no one uses their stencils then maybe I should think about other templates from other companies. I will just wait to see what others think of their stencils before I make a decision. Thank you for your input so far. I'm glad it is positive, that helps.

Have a great day,

Mary Beth

Mary Beth,

The Fence is so easy to use and with the step by step instructions you cando this. So many things you cna do do with it.

Will you be at HMQS in Salt Lake City in April or MQX in I will be teaching a Hartley Fence class at both shows. I think it is worth your time to take my class. Here are a few samples of things I have done with the fence.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/429637278/1439764862034244157XjSadZ

http://community.webshots.com/photo/429637278/1429645154034244157IUHILN

http://community.webshots.com/photo/429637278/1429645714034244157LpjHhZ

AND the new large templates are so cool. I should have them this week I'll get some samples worked you and post all that new goodies .

Myrna

Tamela,

No I'm not teaching at MQS this year. Deloa Jones is teaching a Hartley Fence Class this year and I will have my workbooks there. Or you may purchase one now. It has step by step instruction on all the Hartley Fence as well as the other Hartley products.

PS: new large stencils and adapter for the fence will be available in the next week to 10 days, they are awesome. I will post more and photos when I have the literature and stencils I will have them HMQS in SLC next month. I will be in Daines Sewing booth with our machines. And at the Las Vegas quilt Guild Show March 23-25.. If anyone is at either show please stop by and say hello. I will be teaching at MQX but not in the booth.

I am teaching the Hartley Fence class at HMQS.

LindaSusie,

I think you can. I will get that answer for you in a couple of hours and let you know.

Myrna

Myrna,

Never having seen the HF, what are the comparisons to the CL? Do they both do about the same? When I looked at the stencils for the HF, I thought they were just some small designs and didn't think they could be enlarged. I'm hoping to purchase some type of design gaget, but haven't decided on which one to get yet. I am looking forward to seeing your larger stencils. Do you have pictures posted as a demo? P.S. I have a Millie so there shouldn't be any problem using them. I will be at MQX in April, I hoping to get some insight with all of this there too.

Thanks for your help.

Joanne/BeeStitched

Hi Joanne,

I don't have pictures yet. I did not get a change to really use the test one as my awesome student wanted them. Hopefull I will in the nest week.

The CL is just a different tool. I a Fenc girl myself but know lots use the CL or both. I use the small cookies ciutter stincels and I will use the large. I sometime just lay them on the fabric and chalk around the design. Maybe I cna do a demo at MQX.

Myrna

Hey Myrna... Will you be at MQS in Kansas City in May? I was hoping to meet you and get some first hand instructions on your new templates. Can't wait to see them. Anyway, I am taking a day off of work and will be at MQS on Friday May 12, and Saturday, May 13th.

Hope to see you there...

• 4 months later...

Archived