Kind of a drag(in the machine)...Can you help?

I am still adjusting to my new machine (green liberty) so I need your help. I am doing SID and the machine is REALLY DRAGGING! Of course, I am going very slowly but I feel like I an pulling it across the quilt like a plow! When I am doing designs, it has no drag whatsoever. Is there a fix for this? Should a I lessen my stitch length or make it larger? I have it at 9 right now. Thanks for your help! Marion in TX

Are your channel locks off? I'm sure you already checked that! Also, check your stitch regulator wheel and make sure it is centered. That was my problem with the edgeriders until Michael from Circle Lord alerted me to the SR wheel!!

Or maybe the channel lock is stuck?

I really don't know anything! I'm new also!! Soon, some of the techies will chime in and help you:D:D

Good luck,

Linnea

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions...I suspect that the problem lies with the length of the stitch as I haven't really been pushing down on the ruler and there is no drag when I am going faster. I also had checked my horizontal channel lock to be sure it wasn't engaged, so that wasn't the problem but I was glad to be reminded of that item to check in the future. Thanks again! Marion

Archived