wheel grease on quilt

Oh lucky you, not doing it for 10 years! :P:P:P Ive had my Freedom for a year and a half and have done it (run over a top/backing laying over the rollers) at LEAST 3 times!!!! How dumb am I? :cool:

Okay, Sew Clean saved my butt all the times I've done it. I LOVE that stuff. Spray/wipe/spray/wipe til it's gone and you never need to rinse. Great stuff. I've also used it to take out fabric bleeding.

OK John I have a wild idea (aka stab in the dark) what about using a small amount of WD-40 sprayed on a soft cloth (lightly dabbing area) to loosen up the particles in the fabric and then follow up by using a soap cleaner/stain remover to wash and take it all out. Would WD-40 help? I've never tried it but it helps remove grease and other stuff from things, including bubble gum stuck in hair. Just an idea...

The reason I thought of wd 40 is becuase I read on serveral web sites that it removes oil and grease stains out of clothes and fabrics.

Michelle, sweet lady, I know you will get this stain out. Let us know what works for you. Good luck; best wishes.

I have a whole raft of things I will try (I would get the same grease on a similar piece of fabric to test on). I use in addition to things that have been listed,

Vodka

Petrol - Yes it does work, but ideally work out side and wash the quilt afterwards

Paint brush cleaner - works a treat on grease but wash the quilt afterwards

Carpet stain remover - over here there is a pink one which is amazing, it got a big black grease mark out of a white wholecloth,

I would rather use most of these rather than bleach or undiluted washing liquids which can be very damaging to textiles.

Oh and WD40 make an oil pen which they say can be used to clean textiles? I haven't tried it yet for that but so far everything else they have suggested has worked so who knows.

Glad you got it clean, hopefully none of us will ever need to know this again :) Yeah right.

Ferret

I had to get pencil marks out of a customer quilt (hers not mine) and ended up with oxyclean in a spray bottle and it worked great. but don't know about the grease. Nice to know about WD-40. will have to invest. wonder if that would have worked on my permenant marker

Archived