Need client advice

I have a quilt from a first time client. When I measured the top, the width was perfect, but one side is 1 1/4 inches longer than the other lengthwise. I can probably steam alot of that out, but don't know if I can get it all.

I've e-mailed her to see whether she wants me to try, knowing there may be a tuck or two and am waiting to hear back. My problem is that she's on vacation and she wants this quilt by the 19th.

I'm almost ready to start on it, so if she doesn't answer, should I just go for it? We've e-mailed a couple of times, so I know she's got access...

What would you do?

Since you have sent an email, (hope you kept a copy of it),so the problem is documented --- IF you think you can steam most of it into place and ... since she wants it by the 19th, I think I would go ahead and try to get it done.

That is my thought on the subject and ...... that being said,

I must add that in the final analysis You are the one only who can know what is best for You. After considering all of the advice and facets of a challenge .....In a quiet moment ...the right answer for you, is always avilable .

Hi Dory,

"You are the professional"

That is what a customer told me my first year when we were consulting about a problem area.

She told me she trusted me to do the best job possible and if there were tucks on top or bottom, it was "piecer's error" and not "operator error". Wasn't that a gracious --and scary---thing for her to say? Scary because of the implication that I was a "professional"!!

So I say, do the best that can be done with what you have to work with. If you can, try not to stress. :cool:

You have the tools and the knowledge....to try to take the fullness out....1.25 inches isn't that much and with the tools you should be able to get at least 90% out with only having to ease in 10% which you aren't going to see from a galloping horse or a motorcycle going 35 MPH....so don't stress over it.... It will all be good.

Thanks!! You guys are all the best!

I'm going to get started on her quilt shortly (had to take a commercial break to go for a ride--its gorgeous outside today:)). She hasn't e-mailed back yet, so I'm just going to do the best I can.

Bonnie, the quilt is loaded, so I'll be steaming it that way--bit by bit. Biggest "scary" part is that the white border is right next to some red blocks...I know she pre-washed, but I'm still a bit concerned about that.

Okay, off to work I go......;)

Dory I'm a little late joining in but like everybody has already told you, YOU CAN DO THIS! I just got done from a marathon weekend and didn't think it would be possible to get everything done that I wanted to but I did. I'm exhausted but at least it is done! I got the mom of the brides quilt pieced and loaded. Hopefully it will quilt super quick! I still have enough to keep me busy the rest of the week!

Archived